Do we have the worst attack in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe we didn't go in for Emmanuel Dennis, scored a lot of goals for Watford, can play up top or off the right wing when DCL is back. Instead, he's gone to Forest for about £15-20m? Crazy.

2 goals in 2022, attitude issues and Watford wanted a bigger slice upfront that we were willing to deal with
Watford fell off a cliff but he was still good. I've heard things about the attitude issues but didn't seem to have any at Watford? Given how desperate we are and he's used to the league, we should've paid up I think esp as he can go to the right when DCL is fit again. I can't see a striker who we should be getting in though.

Don't you have to have something to begin with in order for it to be the worst.

Yep. Worse attack in the league. Relying on wingers. Who barely score. We need goal scorers. Give the rest of the team something to aim the ball at.

What gets me is why we don’t have a young, hungry striker in the reserves to step in when there is an emergency like this.

How flippin’ stupid was it to allow both Simms and Dobbin to go on loan.

Most of us would rather play one of those lads than big Sal.

We always used to have some kid we raised at Goodison to step into the breach.

Not always very good…but young strikers we could take a chance on in a striker crisis like now.

There is a long list of them going back over the decades.

Joe Royle, David Johnson, George Telfer, Ross Jack, Robbie Wakenshaw, Michael Branch, Francis Jeffers, Wayne Rooney, Big Victor are ones I can think off.

Yes

And we should work on the basis that DCL may not be available at all this season

So we need to bring in 2 strikers - at least one of them needs to be very good - much better than these French players we’re linked with
Working off the basis that DCL will never get another injury again should still have us looking to get 2 good strikers in.

What gets me is why we don’t have a young, hungry striker in the reserves to step in when there is an emergency like this.

How flippin’ stupid was it to allow both Simms and Dobbin to go on loan.

Most of us would rather play one of those lads than big Sal.

We always used to have some kid we raised at Goodison to step into the breach.

Not always very good…but young strikers we could take a chance on in a striker crisis like now.

There is a long list of them going back over the decades.

Joe Royle, David Johnson, George Telfer, Ross Jack, Robbie Wakenshaw, Michael Branch, Francis Jeffers, Wayne Rooney, Big Victor are ones I can think off.
Cadamateri

Status
Not open for further replies.