2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see him going to Arsenal, I can also see their fans being more frustrated with him than us.

West Ham, not a chance is he a Moyes type striker. I also couldn’t see DCL leaving here for West Ham, he will push for Arsenal if the interest is real.

He’s a great striker.

We need to supply him better. We lack structure to our attacks, we need more overlaps and cutbacks into the box and some nice low driven crosses like Gordon delivered beautifully yesterday.

Our shape doesn’t really allow us to create an abundance of those type of openings tho, a 3 in midfield is absolutely necessary for that imo to cover the fullbacks going forward.

He isn’t.

Would you all take the 60m West Ham are supposedly going to offer?
Strange story, that. In the position we are 60 million for our best goalscorer is nothing compared to the potential cost of relegation. Suspect with our FFP situation everyone at the club has a number but the hardest and most expensive thing to replace is goals and 60 surely doesn't come close. Rumours like this popping up more often though and I think in the summer he might well fancy a move to London.

I can see him going to Arsenal, I can also see their fans being more frustrated with him than us.

West Ham, not a chance is he a Moyes type striker. I also couldn’t see DCL leaving here for West Ham, he will push for Arsenal if the interest is real.
Yup, off with him for anything in excess of 60m. An auction would be ideal. He's an asset, but he's not irreplaceable.

Yup, off with him for anything in excess of 60m. An auction would be ideal. He's an asset, but he's not irreplaceable.
If it was the summer, or even if we were comfortable mid-table and could afford to take a risk, then yeah maybe he'd be replaceable. But no-one's selling a proven goalscorer for anything short of crazy money in January and we're not in a position to take chances on an unproven replacement. Newcastle had to pay 25 million for Chris Wood and even that was a release clause.

We can’t sell him now, maybe in the summer. If he goes in January we won’t replace him or get ripped off and pay stupid money for a replacement. Knowing Everton tho we wouldn’t get anybody in and we’re back to watching Rondon wobbling around for the remainder.

If it was the summer, or even if we were comfortable mid-table and could afford to take a risk, then yeah maybe he'd be replaceable. But no-one's selling a proven goalscorer for anything short of crazy money in January and we're not in a position to take chances on an unproven replacement. Newcastle had to pay 25 million for Chris Wood and even that was a release clause.
No, I'm talking about the summer. Insane to sell now.

His greatest strength is that he holds the ball up well and brings others into play as he very rarely gives the ball away.

Of course he has to get the ball first to do that.

I guess this DCL has no technique thing is the new "Gueye can't pass a ball". There is always one weird take that gathers momentum each year.
Yes, just like Chris Wood. DCL is just a little more mobile and faster, but has poorer finishing technique

Technique consists of perception, choice and execution. DCL is ok on execution, but on the first two he struggles.

But he is not our biggest problem, far from it, but with the sums being talked about, we should sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.