2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I actually think he limits us to a certain way of playing. Sell for £60m and reinvest.
Arsenal paid £50M for Ben White, who is the same age as DCL, has fewer caps, and is a defender. Forwards cost more than defenders, and DCL has more caps than White. If we were mad enough to sell, he'd command at least £80M, probably more.

Arsenal paid £50M for Ben White, who is the same age as DCL, has fewer caps, and is a defender. Forwards cost more than defenders, and DCL has more caps than White. If we were mad enough to sell, he'd command at least £80M, probably more.
Great ?

We'll be selling Pickford next to balance the books because of our moronic owner. Some might like that idea, but it seems we are being asset-stripped to stop ourselves getting hammered for FFP.

Yes, just like Chris Wood. DCL is just a little more mobile and faster, but has poorer finishing technique

Technique consists of perception, choice and execution. DCL is ok on execution, but on the first two he struggles.

But he is not our biggest problem, far from it, but with the sums being talked about, we should sell.
We would need a bid to come in first?

DCL does not have poorer finishing technique compared to Chris Wood. Come on now.

I'd want at least what United paid for Lukaku.

I would not think twice , nice lad but he is old school style football player , great for crossings , can do so much with ball in his feet , I don’t think we will be able to get more for him,he will never extend his contract as he wants to play in top clubs so now it’s time or next summer to let him go fo 60-70 m , the same with Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.