2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL is a 9/10 for athletic ability and 2/10 for football ability. He does seem like a nice bloke but he's Marcus Bent 2.0
Leading the line for us is one of the most thankless tasks in football. To get anything close to 20 goals with our lack of chance creation, you need to be a Lukaku level finisher.

Get him service and he will score. We can't do the former, he CAN do the latter.

Englands number one bench warmer. He never impressed me, especially under Ancelotti jan-may 2021 he was championship material. I actually think Ancelotti opened his eyes with DCL's dreadful performances against relegation teams in feb/march that maybe Everton was beyond any hope, better move to Real. DCL was never gonna be Inzaghi. Hes a poor mans Zlatan/Lukaku at best and thats flattering.

Ship him off to arse anal.

with fans like this who needs rivals

You're right, he's blocking Rondon's development and pathway to the first team.

What a muppet.

Rondon obviously isn't long-term and will probably be back in China this summer. I'd be surprised if he plays again now Benitez has gone.

If we get £60m plus for DCL thats great business for us and we can reinvest.

What a muppet.

Rondon obviously isn't long-term and will probably be back in China this summer. I'd be surprised if he plays again now Benitez has gone.

He isn't?! Might as well keep Dom so!

'get him service and he will score'
in other words, there was fook all else he could have done.

'lack match fitness'
Richy came back after him and ran himself into the ground and scored a bicycle kick on his own lol

Leading the line for us is one of the most thankless tasks in football. To get anything close to 20 goals with our lack of chance creation, you need to be a Lukaku level finisher.

Get him service and he will score. We can't do the former, he CAN do the latter.

The worry is, service for DCL is basically firing it across goal 3 yards out. He’s not a great finisher in any other regard.

Englands number one bench warmer. He never impressed me, especially under Ancelotti jan-may 2021 he was championship material. I actually think Ancelotti opened his eyes with DCL's dreadful performances against relegation teams in feb/march that maybe Everton was beyond any hope, better move to Real. DCL was never gonna be Inzaghi. Hes a poor mans Zlatan/Lukaku at best and thats flattering.

Ship him off to arse anal.
* sniffs the air
A little too obvious this one

What a muppet.

Remember how we sold our last slotter and it took us years to replace him?

Get what you mean, but would be very cautious about shipping our best centre forward when we struggle to score as is.

If we were well ran and mid table selling him for 60 million would be good business. I love the kid but his muscle injuries are a concern. He's probably the best aerial threat in football when fit and a pure poacher. Unfortunately we aren't well ran and he alone could be the difference in us staying up. We simply cannot buckle here.

with fans like this who needs rivals
Such compelling arguments, you just won me over!

A reasonable start under Ancelotti with 2 hattricks was nice, but after that he was just as average as all the others for 6 or 7 months straight. No Rondon but also not aplayer to built a team on.

Status
Not open for further replies.