2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
How short are peoples memories? Slot for fun last season, has 3 in 6 this season.

Let's chase out another 1 in 2 striker shall we.
Especially when Anceloti shifted into a much more defensive mode and tried to rely on DCL, he was nowhere to be seen. Clear changes missed by the dozens. Yes, lets sell him while we can and get one back for the mIwobi robbery.

Englands number one bench warmer. He never impressed me, especially under Ancelotti jan-may 2021 he was championship material. I actually think Ancelotti opened his eyes with DCL's dreadful performances against relegation teams in feb/march that maybe Everton was beyond any hope, better move to Real. DCL was never gonna be Inzaghi. Hes a poor mans Zlatan/Lukaku at best and thats flattering.

Ship him off to arse anal.
Crack smoking opinions given equal footing to intelligent insites… that’s the Internet for you

Bad shout this
Don't care tbh, fed up of a good portion of idiots we have.

In the summer loads of people were creaming themselves over the thoughts of players 'running' and the main tactic of 'crossing the ball in for DCL' like it was 2005. At the same time stripping any creativity out of our side. We've just seen the same with the Digne sale.

now when DCL is back, and he's working his way back to sharpness after 4 months out (when he had no pre-season before that because he had a broken toe), and our main tactic of lumping crosses in from 30 yards out isn't working, he's suddenly Championship standard again?

We'll miss him when he's gone.

Very good in the air, very poor when he has time to think. Instinctive finisher/poacher.

Would like to see him on the end of Patterson's crosses like Dobbin was last night, before knee jerking that he's finished, after coming back into one of the worst performing teams in recent memory, lacking match fitness.

Crack smoking opinions given equal footing to intelligent insites… that’s the Internet for you
Ad hominem attacks demonstrates the lack of any substantial arguments. Please continue. Meanwhile, heres what Ancelotti thought of DCL's absense, and serial misses.

Carlo Ancelotti has opened up on a private conversation he had with Dominic Calvert-Lewin following Everton's recent draw with Crystal Palace at Goodison Park on Monday

"
"We spoke and he talked about the situation that he had in the game.

"We tried to improve that situation, we've had work on this. But, as I've said, to be criticised is absolutely normal and sometimes it's also fair.

"After the game I said Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison could do better in that situation, and they know this absolutely.

"I don't think that they were happy after the game, they were really disappointed with the opportunities that they had."

This was 12-4-2021 vs Chrystal Palace, not Bayern Munchen.

DCL is a Vardy light. Good at times but mostly average and a wage eater. Like we dont have enough of these guys atm.

some Everton fans don’t deserve to be happy. Honestly, why would we sell DCL.?. He had no service at all this past weekend and all of a sudden everyone wants his head on a stick. And even if we did sell him and we got 50/60 million, would you really trust the club to spend that wisely?. When DCL is fit, he can get us 15-20 PL goals a season. Who could we go and buy that will return that.... Tosun?..... Sandro?.... King?..... Rondon?..... Moise Kean?...

Not looked sharp since coming back but it's kind of to be expected, hopefully he gets lucky and something hits him and bobbles in. Hopefully Brentford play a weaker side and we come in with our best to see if we can get some confidence going.

Ad hominem attacks demonstrates the lack of any substantial arguments. Please continue. Meanwhile, heres what Ancelotti thought of DCL's absense, and serial misses.

Carlo Ancelotti has opened up on a private conversation he had with Dominic Calvert-Lewin following Everton's recent draw with Crystal Palace at Goodison Park on Monday

"
"We spoke and he talked about the situation that he had in the game.

"We tried to improve that situation, we've had work on this. But, as I've said, to be criticised is absolutely normal and sometimes it's also fair.

"After the game I said Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison could do better in that situation, and they know this absolutely.

"I don't think that they were happy after the game, they were really disappointed with the opportunities that they had."

This was 12-4-2021 vs Chrystal Palace, not Bayern Munchen.

DCL is a Vardy light. Good at times but mostly average and a wage eater. Like we dont have enough of these guys atm.
I don’t understand your point? You have compared him to a substandard lukaku, vardy and ibramhimavic. Yep ageee with all that… he is below their standards but he is a decent player for us, scores regularly. Been out half the season injured and taking a while to get back. Do you think we can replace him on the cheap?… cos I don’t think we can.
He is a top 6 player at a bottom 6 club at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.