2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his main attribute is his physical strengths, hes an athlete and a complete beast physically.

If somebody tells me that he has terrible movement, theres not a chance im even gonna discuss things with them further.

It being dobable isnt the issue.

Sure, you take DCL goal record out of context and its trash, but then apply the context, hes played in complete rubbish Everton teams, suffered injury last season. Had ZERO service all last season.

Meh, im not doing this all summer.

For me Dom is a great number 9 and if we built the team to his strengths we would win the league.

He will never be given a fair crack by this fanbase, no matter what, peoples minds have been made up, thats fine, the world would be boring if we all agreed like sheep.

Could we replace him with a better player? Bar about 4 or 5 players in WORLD FOOTBALL, every player can be improved on, will Everton, whoops there goes 500million, replace him with a better player? God no.

But yeah, im not defending the boy all summer, if he goes, shame, but money, money, if he stays, I really hope a lot of people can get right behind the lad.
He has no intelligent movement off the ball.

We can do better than him.

I think his main attribute is his physical strengths, hes an athlete and a complete beast physically.

If somebody tells me that he has terrible movement, theres not a chance im even gonna discuss things with them further.

It being dobable isnt the issue.

Sure, you take DCL goal record out of context and its trash, but then apply the context, hes played in complete rubbish Everton teams, suffered injury last season. Had ZERO service all last season.

Meh, im not doing this all summer.

For me Dom is a great number 9 and if we built the team to his strengths we would win the league.

He will never be given a fair crack by this fanbase, no matter what, peoples minds have been made up, thats fine, the world would be boring if we all agreed like sheep.

Could we replace him with a better player? Bar about 4 or 5 players in WORLD FOOTBALL, every player can be improved on, will Everton, whoops there goes 500million, replace him with a better player? God no.

But yeah, im not defending the boy all summer, if he goes, shame, but money, money, if he stays, I really hope a lot of people can get right behind the lad.
Do you really not think he's been given a fair crack? He's been in the team for years, starting more or less every game since Silva left, and it's not like he gets any grief in the stadium.

I'm happy either way. I think he's become a good player, well worth his place in the side if he stays, and any fee would likely represent a massive profit on what we paid.

As for the stats, they don't tell the whole story, of course, but they're still interesting (plus, I'm sure every striker on the list would says theirs would be better in the right context). If it's any consolation, he's certainly not the worst Everton forward:

Viduka / Yakubu .38
Ings / Wilson / Keane / Jesus .36
Phillips .35
Defoe .33
Saha / Lampard .29
Richarlison .28
DCL / Beattie / Johnson .27
Campbell .26
Ferguson / Cahill .25
Rondon .23

Do you really not think he's been given a fair crack? He's been in the team for years, starting more or less every game since Silva left, and it's not like he gets any grief in the stadium.

I'm happy either way. I think he's become a good player, well worth his place in the side if he stays, and any fee would likely represent a massive profit on what we paid.

As for the stats, they don't tell the whole story, of course, but they're still interesting (plus, I'm sure every striker on the list would says theirs would be better in the right context). If it's any consolation, he's certainly not the worst Everton forward:

Viduka / Yakubu .38
Phillips .35
Defoe .33
Saha / Lampard .29
Richarlison .28
Campbell .26
Ferguson / Cahill .25
Rondon .23
Im really confused with the Lampard.

As for not getting grief in the stadium, I watched somebody scream abuse at him from 5 yards away at Brentford and I dont have access to the whole stadium, hes implied a few times that he gets abuse.

Hes not the best Striker in the world and he has been poor at times, but last season I feel like he turned a corner, this season hes been injured or coming back from injury. I thought he was vastly improved the last few games.

For me hes everything I look for in a number 9.

Feed the Dom and he will score.

Im really confused with the Lampard.

As for not getting grief in the stadium, I watched somebody scream abuse at him from 5 yards away at Brentford and I dont have access to the whole stadium, hes implied a few times that he gets abuse.

Hes not the best Striker in the world and he has been poor at times, but last season I feel like he turned a corner, this season hes been injured or coming back from injury. I thought he was vastly improved the last few games.

For me hes everything I look for in a number 9.

Feed the Dom and he will score.
I just looked him up for curiosity's sake.

I wouldn't say it's anything more than what comes with the territory, but then I'm just a calloused auld get.

Viduka / Yakubu .38
Phillips .35
Defoe .33
Saha / Lampard .29
Richarlison .28
Campbell .26
Ferguson / Cahill .25
Rondon .23

Saw the above and this below but what do the figures represent? Do they include every season for each player or?

Bit lost...

He has a worse PL strike rate (0.27) than the likes of Ings and Wilson (both around 0.36), though he's still quite young.

As a keen procrastinator, I'm currently having an interesting time looking at these stats on the PL site.

Yakubu and Viduka have an identical rate (0.38), as do Lukaku and Hasselbaink (0.44). Robbie Keane's is the same as Ings and Wilson's (also Gabriel Jesus), but better than Defoe's (0.33).

Henry's (0.68) is better than any of Aguero (0.67) Kane (0.65), Suarez/van Nistelrooy (0.63), Shearer (0.59), Owen (0.46), Ronaldo/Cole (0.45), Fowler (0.43), Rooney/Ferdinand (0.42) Drogba (0.41) or Torres (0.4).

You don't score the kinds of goals DCL does without good off the ball movement. Strange criticism.
He gets goals when the ball is in the box and a lot of players are in the same mix.

If we had a playmaker he;d be wasted on DCL, let's put it that way.

Yeah.. and gets to the ball before all of them because of his intelligent movement.
He gets there (not often enough) because defenders are held down or dustracted by other players.

Anyone who believes DCL has intelligent forward movement dont know football.

He gets there (not often enough) because defenders are held down or dustracted by other players.

Anyone who believes DCL has intelligent forward movement dont know football.

You can make an excuse for why every player scores their goals but regardless of everything going on around him, I can't see how any player scores so many tap ins without good movement. In doing so, you're literally putting yourself in a position where the ball is travelling and where there is no defensive cover. The primary skill needed in scoring tap ins is surely movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.