Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Vardy is that player and only scored 1 more goal than Dom last season? What does that say?
It says he was playing off the bench for minutes each game.

He played 1,851 minutes over 37 games while DCL played 1,175 minutes over 17 games.

That meant DCL was on the pitch on average 20 minutes longer than Vardy.

Hand Vardy an hour or so and he'll double that tally to make us a real difference that could help us stay up.

I did say he'd be a partial solution.

How do we even sell him when he's barely played due to injuries? I think another striker needs to be in before that's even considered
If he left we'd get a few quid off a club that sees 12-15 games where he comes on and changes it up for them.

He has intelligent movement and that's what decent clubs look for.

You're not paying attention.

DCL is finished as a player who gives you 30 games per season.

Please stop the denial. Not just you btw.
That is your opinion Dave, unless you also happen to be either on the Everton medical staff.

If so then you should not be on here as often as you are and should not be discussing the medical condition of your patients.

Otherwise it is just an opinion, people can take or leave them.

I thought he wasn't in the squad due to his Mrs being about to give birth... Is that not right?
1692302913621.webp

He's finished as a player who can get 15-20 goials. He's well capabable of making sub appearances and snatching a goal.

That instinct is the last ability to go.

Someone will step in for a deal.
Spot on Dave.

The fitness coming back we will be looking at 20 - 25 goals - as you say, his instinct is as clinical as an assassin.

Someone will step in for Kanes natural successor as Englands top dog but we should fight to keep him, he is one of our own.

We are so lucky to have him.

Silly me for supporting 1 of the very few Everton players I like.
This is the thing isn’t it

I actually like Dom as a player and what I hear as a person and there are so few current Everton players I can say that about

We saw him turn from Bambi on ice into our best goalscorer since Lukaku and it’s been so sad seeing his career on hold the last two seasons

Spot on Dave.

The fitness coming back we will be looking at 20 - 25 goals - as you say, his instinct is as clinical as an assassin.

Someone will step in for Kanes natural successor as Englands top dog but we should fight to keep him, he is one of our own.

We are so lucky to have him.

I think he was talking about Vardy……

It says he was playing off the bench for minutes each game.

He played 1,851 minutes over 37 games while DCL played 1,175 minutes over 17 games.

That meant DCL was on the pitch on average 20 minutes longer than Vardy.

Hand Vardy an hour or so and he'll double that tally to make us a real difference that could help us stay up.

I did say he'd be a partial solution.
Vardy is done
He doesn't get the yard on defenders he used to
He was also coming on against tired defenders so your min per game stat doesn't work
Also different style forward that we can't play to
Terrible shout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back