2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will always have that one season he looked like a good premier league striker and hit 16.

I don't have the certainty some people do that he's going to better that at Newcastle, considering he only hit double figures in the league twice in eight seasons.
Stand down Jake.

He's not leaving.

Stand down Jake.

He's not leaving.
Good. I'd like to see him sign a new contract and repay the loyalty the club has shown him both by handing him a starting spot and developing him when we plucked him from Shef Utd and then later on when stuck by him for two seasons of fitness issues and a 20 game dry spell.

It would be a nice way to thank the fans for their support over his years here.

Good. I'd like to see him sign a new contract and repay the loyalty the club has shown him both by handing him a starting spot and developing him when we plucked him from Shef Utd and then later on when stuck by him for two seasons of fitness issues and a 20 game dry spell.

What support? We boo him when he gets a fractured face.

No thanks.

I still want him to join a team where he is appreciated.

That's not and will never be here.

Couple of goals off being our 3rd highest PL scorer, cost nothing, loves the club, hated by fans.
Just have to look on his social media to see comments like the below.
Make Newcastle fans look progressive

IMG_4166.webp

Who are you paying a £25m loan fee for?!

lol

Why not read the context? Actually read the initial posts?

A poster wanted to keep DCL next season even if he moved on for free

So he wants / is happy to write off the £25mil rumoured fee for the sake of having DCL for ONE season.

I said that even if we sold DCL and saved his wages....we could (in theory of course) use the entire £25mil + wages saved and sign a far better player for ONE season only...

...if they were worried about one season.

Ergo you have to take the money.

I'm not seriously suggesting we did that. Im solely saying letting DCL run his deal down is a terrible idea in every way....if we can sell or extend.

What other fanbase boos their own injured players?
I think people who did that were 🔔 ends. Although their actions were possibly borne out of frustration and ignorance as to what had actually happened.

Hate is an entirely different thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back