2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fantastic that we've been winning games without needing to burn him out by forcing him into playing 95+ minutes. Now he's got a week to reach full fitness again and should be fit and ready for Burnley. Excellent.
He looked a yard off pace for me today, so I did wonder if it was him carrying a slight injury or maybe lacking confidence. It could be both.

He looked a yard off pace for me today, so I did wonder if it was him carrying a slight injury or maybe lacking confidence. It could be both.
The former I think. I know he missed a sitter midweek but the team has been winning and he's led the line well. Seems like he's always striving for full fitness, so this week without a game will be very welcome.

The former I think. I know he missed a sitter midweek but the team has been winning and he's led the line well. Seems like he's always striving for full fitness, so this week without a game will be very welcome.
I'm more inclined to think it's a bit of both. I like Dom and have defended him when others have been critical, but he has missed some chances in the last four days.

A goal would do him the world of good.

That miss yesterday that Doucoure thankfully mopped up: it underlined for me what a lack of instinct for scoring he has.

A proper PL forward get's to that ball and first his touch takes it to the left of the out rushing GK and slots into an empty net. DCL let the ball run onto his right foot to scramble a weak shot that the GK blocks and parries away.

Since you declared him an invalid, who would never play competitive football again, your opinions in this thread are pretty much invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back