Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleased for him to have gotten a goal but I honestly don't think he offered much and wasn't surprised he went off, the whole shape looked better once we went to three at the back. Not slating the lad, he put a proper shift in and won some free-kicks in decent areas so he had a good day, just wouldn't start him out wide again because it's clearly not his game.

Worked very hard pressing and won the ball a few times.
Would have been a good performance from DCL even without popping up at the back post to score his first.

Pleased for him to have gotten a goal but I honestly don't think he offered much and wasn't surprised he went off, the whole shape looked better once we went to three at the back. Not slating the lad, he put a proper shift in and won some free-kicks in decent areas so he had a good day, just wouldn't start him out wide again because it's clearly not his game.

I thought he did well in the first 30 to 35 minutes, he had some really nice touches and I can see why Koeman likes him. He's not just got good feet, he's also good in the air and puts a shift in. But you're right, he was the obvious candidate to go off to change the formation.

Can sort of see your point although I do think your a bit harsh however if he can get minutes & we win Then it's a massive plus as he isn't going to be getting many starts at centre forward between now & the end of the season.

Looked good today and has played better on every appearance so far. He has good feet and a turn of speed. Made up for him getting his goal today. Exciting times with him and Lookman developing and hopefully establishing themselves over the next couple of seasons.

For a young lad who is well ahead of schedule being put into the first team he is doing a great job. The goal is a bonus as well, he is very inexperienced so probably won't see any real player come out of him for a few years yet.

made up for him grabbing his first, especially against Hull after he missed a great chance against them away.

He's got his goal and it's great for him, Lookman, Davies that they are all off the mark as it takes the pressure off.

Hopefully they all have massive futures with us.

13860-1.jpg;width=1000

...Rising to the occasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back