2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said he was wing forward material myself just baffled you don't think he's quick enough.
Clearly not quick and explosive enough for that role, soz. To go with technique not being that great too (though, gotta say, improving massively) he's the full package of what really isn't a wing forward.

Good pace for a forward but to say he's this quick wing forward is not on at all, sorry. Also remember when he was playing on the wing for Koeman for a bit? Yeah, amazing wasn't he?

FWIW I like the boy, he's good but has a lot to work on. To his credit - seems to be doing exactly that, so the future looks good for him.

Clearly not quick and explosive enough for that role, soz. To go with technique not being that great too (though, gotta say, improving massively) he's the full package of what really isn't a wing forward.

Good pace for a forward but to say he's this quick wing forward is not on at all, sorry. Also remember when he was playing on the wing for Koeman for a bit? Yeah, amazing wasn't he?

FWIW I like the boy, he's good but has a lot to work on. To his credit - seems to be doing exactly that, so the future looks good for him.

I think you're misconstruing what I'm saying. All I'm saying is in terms of pace he's quick enough; nothing about technique or agility or past performances; purely speed.

I think he's a target man myself.

I think you're misconstruing what I'm saying. All I'm saying is in terms of pace he's quick enough; nothing about technique or agility or past performances; purely speed.

I think he's a target man myself.
I'm not, we're of the same opinion. And that's the thing, quick enough, but not that fast.

The other 73 people that quoted me earlier today saying the opposite of us, as it is, are not and seem to think he'd be a great winger for some reason.

Well many comments appear to be contrary to several reports on the Game and DCL, also Sam picked him out as playing well!!! Now how much more do people want - assist and a goal, that gave us the 2-0 win.

Niasse won us 4 points against Watford and Palace by starting up front and not giving their defenders a second's peace for 90 mins.

...he did, Matey. He was probably our best player in both matches. I think the point was being made that we shouldn’t change a winning team and a formula that is looking reasonably effective. I pointed out that Niasse has shown he can be very effective coming off the bench.

I have no problem with him starting, although I suspect he will do so on Thursday.

Well many comments appear to be contrary to several reports on the Game and DCL, also Sam picked him out as playing well!!! Now how much more do people want - assist and a goal, that gave us the 2-0 win.
Think he may have got MOM too. But you'll never please all the people all the time.

Main thing is that so far the new manager doesnt appear to be showing any anti youth tendancies which was one of my concerns.

...he did, Matey. He was probably our best player in both matches. I think the point was being made that we shouldn’t change a winning team and a formula that is looking reasonably effective. I pointed out that Niasse has shown he can be very effective coming off the bench.

I have no problem with him starting, although I suspect he will do so on Thursday.

He's not registered for the competition thanks to that utter rock head of a former manager.

He's grown on me to be honest. Think he's improving every game at the moment - should definitely start on Sunday as he seems to do well in thee bigger away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.