Confirmed Signing Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he demands the ball and can pass so happy with him. Eager to prove himself for a contract or for utd to give him a chance which is what we need. Looks more comfortable on the ball than dukes and Allan but only seen him a few times

I think you miss the point slightly mate, If there was an option to loan all of the above, before committing fees to them, do you think they would do that? Of course they would.

Currently the option is there for Van Der Beek.
My point was that loaning VDB was not necessarily a desire to see how he goes with a view to buying or as a long term plan to replace Gallagher which still makes little sense. It was perhaps to add to their current midfield with a player who was available to come in now or could have simply been viewed as a convenient stop-gap before other targets lined up for the summer window.

And I don't agree that clubs would always take a loan first. If you're confident a player will come in and do well in the PL for you it's a big risk to spend a loan fee, pay their wages and simultaneously put him in the PL shop window and remove any doubts your competitors had about making a move. If a club is confident and the money is there then it's maybe wiser to get them in on a permanent contract.

The whole Man Utd - Man City Tevez story is proof of that with the player deciding against staying at Utd and moving on to City once his Utd loan was done despite Utd taking up the option to buy.

If DVDB comes to Everton on loan (as looks likely now) and plays absolutely dynamite between now and the end of the season mopping up POTM awards and getting back into the Holland squad do you think it's likely there'd be no competition for his services come the end of that loan. Or indeed a little bump in value?

They are the risks and the reason clubs wouldn't always take the option to loan beforehand.

download (7).webp

Cant see us getting anyone else in other than this fella tbh.

I do think we need someone with a bit of creativity in the middle of the park but we desperately need a ball winner / Gana Type to shield that fragile defence of ours.

Allan is alright but he needs pace around him but so will VDB which means Doucoure having to run himself into the ground.

In a midfield 3 in the PL you need atleast 2 of our 3 CM's to be mobile/quick enough to get up and down the field thats been our problem for years.
Beggars can’t be choosers during this transfer window. Losing Doucoure, Davies and Delph to injury, Gbamin being crap and Onyango not there yet we just need bodies in there. VDB will do just fine for us on a short loan. Our only objective this season is to avoid relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back