2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here is the redcafe thread on him.

Have to admit was surprised to see the comment “Fred provides a lot more defensively, especially with his pressing, and does an ok level of ball progression, which Van de Beek doesn't really match.” as whenever I’ve watched Fred for United he has been pretty poor - although tbf I haven’t watched that many of their games this season.

from that thread (emphasis added):

Watched the whole match, and he was okay. Good in the attacking third, decent in the middle of the pitch but remains a liability as a defensive shield. Everton had Allan and dare I say it, a much more organised back 4 than we do.

855f7ff2562608d2d86accb32fc7f33b_w200.gif

Thought he showed class throughout the game, one or two mistakes but who doesn’t make mistakes? Very composed performance. Not sure how many times we’ve seen such composure this season.

As I keep saying, footy is an easy game, good players and I realise its only 1 game, but good players make footy look easy.

Like when Gareth Barry waltzed in and just started playing the football and being in the right part of the pitch the whole game

Absolutely not rocket science.

Assuming all goes well these next couple months im happy we will either have VDB doing well and signing or we will be going for somebody else of similar capabilities....if cheaper..

I miss having a midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.