2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who saw this lad impose himself against Real Madrid, Juventus, and Spurs in the Champions League knew he was a footballer. The comparisons with Klaassen were uninformed and lazy. He was a blond, Dutch midfielder who played for Ajax - but I never saw Davy cut up Madrid, Juve, and Spurs in huge games. No point in getting too attached, though. He'll likely be gone by June.

Not going overboard from yesterday, but if this continues then we have to look at a deal with Utd. It wasn’t that he was the best thing sliced bread, it was simple football, knowing his role and knowing his surroundings. Gave the option from the back line and got us going with his vision. He was everywhere on the defensive side as well.

He may only be playing his heart out to prove a point to Utd, if that helps us in the short term, then so be it.

United will without doubt make a big midfield signing in the summer - Rice maybe, so I think we may be able to get this done on deadline day if he remains out of the team.

Getting ahead of ourselves of course!

I wasn't sure, but I hoped you meant it that way. Let's be honest, you have history of being a contrarian. Anyway played well, hope it continues.

Hopefully he likes playing every week enough to come here. United will want paying though, and if they get a half competent manager in he’ll probably have DvB straight back in.

Shows the levels of quality though when United’s last choice midfielder is our best player.

Status
Not open for further replies.