2021/22 Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Leeds git the bar the second time the ball arrives to him and in what is a tense moment, having nearly conceded, he found the time to calmly put us on the counter attack, resulting in a Leeds player committing a foul and giving us a chance to slow the game down.

Anybody who saw this lad impose himself against Real Madrid, Juventus, and Spurs in the Champions League knew he was a footballer. The comparisons with Klaassen were uninformed and lazy. He was a blond, Dutch midfielder who played for Ajax - but I never saw Davy cut up Madrid, Juve, and Spurs in huge games. No point in getting too attached, though. He'll likely be gone by June.
Comparisons made between Donnie and Klassen were made in the no.10 position.
Comparison between them at no.8 - a position requiring leadership, greater skill set and vision and more energy - well this is no comparison, Donnie is light years ahead.

After Leeds git the bar the second time the ball arrives to him and in what is a tense moment, having nearly conceded, he found the time to calmly put us on the counter attack, resulting in a Leeds player committing a foul and giving us a chance to slow the game down.

For me, it was (I think) towards the end of the match when he had received the ball under pressure from 2 or 3 and made a blind (from what I could tell) pass, which had to based on awareness, back up the line to keep our pressure on. I wish full matches were on YouTube, so I could link it and prove to myself I didn't see things incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.