Downing stays at Boro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Player Valuation: £100m
Long time linked player Stewart Downing signs a new five year deal at Boro!

Personaly i would have liked to see him sign for us. I think he has all the attributes to be a fantastic player and lets face it good left wingers are scarce on the ground.

Who knows contracts are not really worth anything these days, but in fairness the lad sounds genuine about his commitment to boro which is refreshing to see.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/middlesbrough/7225057.stm

Last edited:

Thank christ for that, he's just an Ian Wilson, but with hair,he'd add nothing to us in terms of progression or quality.

Anelka signed a new contract for Bolton in August right?

the difference is that contracts lead to larger transfer fees and larger salaries at the new club, chelsea has the money to pay both of those, we do not, and even if we did i'd rather we spent it on good players.

somehow, i don't think i'll lose sleep over this.

Downing is no loss. A player that holds their present club for Ransom would/could never be a Toffeeman.

Coyney. Make that four. (y)

the difference is that contracts lead to larger transfer fees and larger salaries at the new club, chelsea has the money to pay both of those, we do not, and even if we did i'd rather we spent it on good players.

somehow, i don't think i'll lose sleep over this.
Oh ok, I knew there was something which made it harder for other clubs, wasnt quite sure though (y)

I wouldnt lose too much sleep not being able to buy him, when we could probably get Arshavin for cheaper!

Yeah I'm not too unhappy at not getting him. I remember 18 months back thinking "We could do with someone just like him" - but now he seems a bit one dimensional.

Strange how the recent arteta/pienaar/manny style of play makes me think that. Now I want us to sign someone who will do 10 stepovers, skin 3 players before sending in a cross like Downing does at his best :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back