Dumb and Dumber To

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eusebio

Player Valuation: £950k
Having watched the trailer my opinion is this, Dumb and Dumber is an all-time comedy classic and should be left well alone. It is a comedy masterpiece and should never try to be replicated or improved on.
To me it looks like they are trying to recreate a classic which will never happen as the first is genius. It never gets tiring and will always make you laugh. The sequel looks as though its trying everything it can to be the original and it doesn't work as it looks replicated and forced. I'll reserve full judgment until I've seen it but this looks like slapstick to me and Dumb and Dumber was never that. I honestly think it can never be bettered or even rivalled, it was truly a one off and should've stayed that way.

I hope you all enjoy it if its your thing.

Dumb and Dumber has to be one of the best films of the 90's and should rank as one of the best comedies of all time. There's so many scenes to mention and it was effortless comedy. This new one seems to be rehashed and copied like hell.

Jim Carrey is ace.

Don't read too much into the trailer.

I'm sure the cast wouldn't have eventually agreed to appear in the sequel if the script was gash.

wtf.

Dumb and Dumber was as slapstick as it gets.

That's why people loved it.

Slapstick as an adjective:
using, or marked by the use of, broad farce and horseplay: a slapstick motion picture.

wtf.

Dumb and Dumber was as slapstick as it gets.

That's why people loved it.

Slapstick as an adjective:
using, or marked by the use of, broad farce and horseplay: a slapstick motion picture.

Not in my opinion, it was unique at the time and I think it took the world by storm

I know for sure the second one won't be as good, but it should still do itself justice. The trailer makes it look like they're trying to force the same jokes on us which wouldn't be that cool, but let's see. First one is my favourite comedy film of all time by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back