• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Duncan Ferguson got a job

The gulf from League Two to League one is bigger than you’d think.

Whereas National League to League two is even, it’s why I’d personally regionalise it and merge the 4th and 5th tiers.

Bury & Tranmere both went down in 19-20, Northampton went in 20-21, so there is form.
Duncan’s a bad manager; who’s been out Ina really poor position due to how FGR have got it “wrong”, but they’ve not spent big, within their means and there’s no reason enjoying they can’t bounce back.
That's a good point, it's always the well run clubs that bounce back from a relegation so quickly.

Does regionalisation have an effect on lower league clubs finances by any chance?. In this country it starts as late on level six, while in most European countries it starts earlier on like levels 3 or 4. I think it should be like you say where L2 is and merge National with it and have four groups all split geographically. In Spain it starts on level 4 also, with group splits based on geographical region.

The gulf from League Two to League one is bigger than you’d think.

Whereas National League to League two is even, it’s why I’d personally regionalise it and merge the 4th and 5th tiers.

Bury & Tranmere both went down in 19-20, Northampton went in 20-21, so there is form.
Duncan’s a bad manager; who’s been out Ina really poor position due to how FGR have got it “wrong”, but they’ve not spent big, within their means and there’s no reason enjoying they can’t bounce back.

The difference between League two and League one, is quite simply the wages, which means that League one clubs, have much better players in it, hence why it`s harder to stay in there.

It`ll be interesting to see what happens with Wrexham.

If thhey get promoted to league two, with Ryan Reynolds and his consortium backing them, they have the potential to blow everyone else in league two out of the water with transfer fees and players wages.

8 games in charge at a League One club:

6 defeats
2 draws

...AND SOME OF YOU LOT WANTED THIS GALLOOT AS OUR MANAGER.

At least have the decency to turn up in this thread and confess.

I never wanted him. His tactics were very one dimensional, and you’d have thought he’d have learned a style from 8-9 managers he’d coached under which May have been more effective?

That said, I think the Forest Green Rovers job is a hard one this season because Vince absolutely refused to break the budget, which I respect. I think it’s probably harsh on him.

Am I shocked he’s had a stinker? Absolutely not mind, as he didn’t impress me in his 3-4 games in change.

Love the fella and rather have him around than pushovers pike Sharp and Stuart mind.

I never wanted him. His tactics were very one dimensional, and you’d have thought he’d have learned a style from 8-9 managers he’d coached under which May have been more effective?

That said, I think the Forest Green Rovers job is a hard one this season because Vince absolutely refused to break the budget, which I respect. I think it’s probably harsh on him.

Am I shocked he’s had a stinker? Absolutely not mind, as he didn’t impress me in his 3-4 games in change.

Love the fella and rather have him around than pushovers pike Sharp and Stuart mind.
There's people in here who'd still have him back in charge even now.

That's how utterly clueless some are.

"Give it Dunc".

...come on, own up you lot. Have the decency to repent.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back