Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
People saying it is a bad deal / price? Did everyone think the same when we paid 45m for an almost 28 year old Sigurdsson?

We'll have agreed to pay in instalments, plus some of it will no doubt he add-ons.

Last summer they wanted close to £30m for him. We've done well to get him for what we have I think, even if he doesn't move the needle for us much his age and the fact he's English mean he'll probably have suitors in a few years still. If he gets a few England caps then that alone will ensure that we'd get our money back from any sale!

Plays on the left doesn't he?
Yes but would we move Gordon to accommodate that? I'm not so sure, if we do play with conventional full backs then having McNeil play on the right could allow Patterson more space to get forward if he's trusted to play.

There's just not enough goals in our team in my opinion to leave out Dele so he has to play for me. I think Gordon and McNeil are probably more suited to playing as wide midfielders rather than wingers as they get through lots of defensive work.

Status
Not open for further replies.