Dynamo Kiev v Everton. 19th March at 18.00.

Can they?

• Yes

Votes: 191 64.1%
  • No

Votes: 55 18.5%
  • LOL didn't read

Votes: 52 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps because he was so good on Sunday?
Hmmm.So good on Sunday?. Not sure about that. He was ok and you have to consider the opposition on Sunday (not really up to much or motivated).Different ball game tonight. Mind you he wasn't the only one that struggled tonight. Stones all day long for me though - first choice if fit.

lol lol lol

Thats no answer. A very similar team has played well in the Europa this season. Howard has played himself in after injury, Alcaraz was excellent against Newcastle, and Stones is still suffering the after effects of a virus.(Take a look at him on the bench). Apart from a few cameos by a semi fit Gibson, McCarthy and Barry have been our best midfield pairing, given the importance of the game and Besics temprement being a bit random.Naismith gets in by virtue of his workrate, and he almost scored again tonight. Atsu was a good selection, he caused Kiev problems and nearly scored a worldie.Jags, Baines and Coleman are natural choices in a big game. Don't anyone think that the manager and players are not gutted to lose tonight, it showed in their demeanour at the end. We have had a good run in Europe and Martinez will know exactly what to address in the summer. There is abasolutely no doubt he will be at Everton next season. And we will have a good season as long as he addresses the obvious problem.... Even if a team is set up to play on the front foot, a back four containing three solid internationals, sometimes four, should be tighter. Solve that one, and with a couple of upgrades on existing positions, we will do well.

That interview is shocking, he takes no responsibility for the spanking we just received and instead try's to spin it like Kyv had the game of their lives. No mention of a defence that went pieces, a non existent midfield and the fact that he refused to change things around again despite what was happening in front of his very eyes. He seems to see nothing wrong with what happened tonight. The first thing he should have done was personally apologise to the fans who went over there tonight. Disgraceful .
He doesn't look or appear crestfallen through either his body language, his words or how he attempts to convey them.

Nor does he appear to fully grasp (well maybe I am being kind there...) how poor and even embarrassing that performance was defensively.

As I mentioned to @Groucho in another thread, I'd genuinely like to believe that he feels the pain and disappointment as we do.

However from what I can infer, it would be fair to suggest that his deep-rotted optimism and egoistic nature will not allow this.

His smooth veneer and utter belief in his own philosophies to the extent it harms the clubs progression is beginning to grate.

"Don't worry lads that you got tonked tonight... we'll pass it through QPR on Sunday and all will be well."

Howard - out
Alcaraz - out
Barry - out
Naismith - back to being a bit part player.

Spend 10 million on a solid, quality centre back and grow a pair of bo*****s

Don't understand him taking stones when he's still not fully fit. Surely travelling all the way to Ukraine and back will just slow down his recovery making him unfit for Sunday too...

He doesn't look or appear crestfallen through either his body language, his words or how he attempts to convey them.

Nor does he appear to fully grasp (well maybe I am being kind there...) how poor and even embarrassing that performance was defensively.

As I mentioned to @Groucho in another thread, I'd genuinely like to believe that he feels the pain and disappointment as we do.

However from what I can infer, it would be fair to suggest that his deep-rotted optimism and egoistic nature will not allow this.

His smooth veneer and utter belief in his own philosophies to the extent it harms the clubs progression is beginning to grate.

"Don't worry lads that you got tonked tonight... we'll pass it through QPR on Sunday and all will be well."

I completely agree mate, it's like he is actually talking about another game rather than that shambles. He takes no responsibility for anythng that happened tonight. I don't expect him to publicly name players, but I at least expected an admission that things went wrong tonight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back