• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

ECHO Comment: "Fears of Witch-hunt Against Liverpool FC" part 3

But you are forgetting Dave VVD didn't mean any of those they are just slightly mistimed tackles it happens in football, get over it, where as pickfords tackle was not mistimed he knew what he was doing and timed it to the exact thousand of a second needed to inflict the worst possible injury.
Van Dijk: itls clear he's an arrogant thug who got exactly what he deserved.

I think Hinchcliffe was a solid, quite ordinary player, with an extraordinary left foot.

That probably sounds a bit contradictory, but if you take the wand of a left foot out of it, he wasn't massively quick, he was ok in the air etc. That left foot though was outstanding. Some parallels to Sigurdsson really, in that his allround game is quite ordinary, but he has a brilliant right foot.

One thing I'd say with Hinchcliffe though, is that in the modern game I actually think he would be highly valued, as a sort of left centre back. With sides wanting to play out from the back, he would be ideal on that left hand side, and was probably just big enough to get away with being a small centre back. I could imagine he'd have been very lauded, as what we want from CB's has changed, and distribution is key.
He was the Scott Parker of left backs. Pretty much a decent player and highly competent. Just lacking something to take him to the next level.

I had to look up who the next left back we had. Clue, also one for City fans to guess.

DMP_CHP__8688SterlingVanDijkJPG.jpg

james-van-dijk.jpg
SPORT-PREVIEW-Red-Van-Dijk.jpg
Bottom picture, look at his cheeks, there is intent to hurt in his face. That lad was so lucky there

Prior to Virgil getting injured, he had steamed into at least two of are players in the 5 minutes before that incident,
if you give it out except at some point to get it back,
was Pickford supposed to say OK mate clatter me as well while you're at it.

I'm pretty sure VVD knew he was offside and went to leave one on Pickford as well. He went studs up into a challenge and came off worse.

He went onto the field with bad intentions and it bit him. Karma.

Article by Chris Bascombe in Telegraph Sport today. Total article is a whinge about all the injuries Liverpool have. Headline to article is 'Klopp loses another 'leader' as Henderson has groin operation'. He ends the article: 'Klopp has been invited to use injuries as an excuse for poor results.......................................'We don't have to talk too much. We just have to win as many points as possible' he (Klopp) said.

Well, I suppose you don't have to talk too much when you have journalists saying it all for you.

Klopp, ‘we don’t need a major rebuild’

That’s him in total denial of the fact that he is responsible for the injuries they have, Jota is his name, got injured in a Euro dead rubber, then his refusal to rotate for 3 years has destroyed them.
I think this is his way to walk away while stating he left them in good shape

Again, you can infer from that, they do need a major rebuild. The fact he's having to answer that, in such terms, tells you all you need to know.

If he hadn't got both feet off the ground Van Dijk would have snapped his ankle.

Of course, the Establishment media will always choose to ignore that in favour of their team.

The media do it as a dog whistle to the members of their fan base who want to sent threats of violence, death and abuse to a woman and a small child as well.

As I've said, what do you call a grown man who wants to do harm to a child? Thats what sections of their fans are, and a lot who aren't are enablers of it, by peddling their weird theories that validate it. Utter scum.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back