Votes: 121 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 94 38.8%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 27 11.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoever comes in after Sam has to be able to attract players that will take us to the next level. Not sure Eddie has the stature to do this...

Sorry, you can't have him!

Being serious I doubt you'd take a chance on him after the Martinez experience but even if you did I don't think he'd move. He's admitted he got his priorities wrong in the Burnley sojourn, being close to family will be the priority now. Won't bore you with the details but I can't see him going anywhere further than London.

Plus, he's getting the chance the mould AFCB in his image for decades to come at the moment. The new top notch training centre got planning permit a week or so back. When he started managing us we trained on a school field... Anyway, that frees up the current training space next to the current stadium for part of a park rejig meaning we expect a planning application for a new stadium to go in later this year. Say what you like but being the man to spec all that and leave that legacy would feed anyone's ego.

As the top six won't be interested, at the moment I can only see him leaving if the finance was pulled. That will only happen if we get relegated and I don't think anyone would want him if he took us down. Actually, I'd expect the board to do all they could to keep him even then.

I think Bayern will be going for our old coach in the summer, who has won 1 trophy.

As for why they didn't go for the others, maybe they will go for Nagelsmann one day, I think they dont believe him experienced enough yet, especially in Europe, same for Herrlich. Although Herrlich is probably just my fantasy, cos he's only coached 1 season at the top level, i just love the football he coaches.

Yes trophies are great, but I stand by the suggestion that there are more good coaches around in the top leagues than there are trophies they can win in those leagues.

You know that league a lot better than me. I would just love someone with a bit of pedigree. I dont want him but someone like Benitez, where ever he goes he wins.

He's a totally different character to his media persona.

I don't doubt that, my old coach was Wenger mentor and he said what people think Wenger is like and how he is, is totally different. My friend, meant from a tactical perspective, when comparing him to Martinez.

Personally I really like him and I’m up for rollercoasters again. 4-4’s and stuff. Loads of fun they were plus YOLO and all that.

But no, on a serious note, good manage evidently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back