EFC managers seen live

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we embark on our search for the next manager at goodison, I was wondering where I stand in the general population of this forum, in terms of the number of managers' teams we've seen play at Everton in person.
I was born in 78 but didn't get to my first game until Harvey's spell in the late 80s

So the managers I've seen are

Harvey
HK 2
Walker
Royle
HK 3
Smith
Moyes
Martinez
Koeman
+ Dave Watson as caretaker.

So 10 in all.. Makes me feel quite old. As the number is growing quickly!

Of all, the one I look back most fondly on is Royle.

Who's got the most?
I can go back to Carey, but I know some will go back 3 or 4 before him.

I was up in Lytham St Anne's a couple of years back when a distinguished old man and ( presumably) his wife walked past and smiled and nodded.

Jokingly,after he passed, I said to my mate who lives up there that that guy looked like an old Gordon Lee!

"That's because he is an old Gordon Lee!" he said." He lives up here and is often seen walking about the town"

I was well chuffed!

Lee
Kendall
Harvey
Kendall mk2
Walker
Smith
Martinez
Royle
Moyes
Koeman

the best years of my life, going the game and just thinking of how many we would win by

Smith
Moyes
Martinez
Koeman
Unsworth

Probably a few more when I was younger that I can’t remember. Royle 99% sure

Yes that's where the taxi shout stems from, like you say, times changed.
Heres an article and players gentleman John Carey - who as discussed was sacked in the back of a taxi! - name the players!
John Cary Taxi.jpg

I was up in Lytham St Anne's a couple of years back when a distinguished old man and ( presumably) his wife walked past and smiled and nodded.

Jokingly,after he passed, I said to my mate who lives up there that that guy looked like an old Gordon Lee!

"That's because he is an old Gordon Lee!" he said." He lives up here and is often seen walking about the town"

I was well chuffed!
The almost man was Gordon - the fans raved about Moyes - but this guy played good free scoring football!

I was well chuffed!
met him when I was a kid coming back from the games a few times , really decent fella happy to talk about the game with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.