EFC players in the England squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
The following Blues have been included in the first England squad to be named by Capello

Lescott,

Beckham has been given the elbow

It seems that Phil Nevile's England career is over as he was excluded

AJ seems to have missed out and no mention of Ossie

That's a load of tits. AJ should be there.

Agbonlahorororar is fair enough, surprised theres no room for AJ though.

Goalkeepers: David James, Scott Carson, Chris Kirkland.

Defenders: Wayne Bridge, Ashley Cole, Curties Davies, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, Nicky Shorey, Wes Brown, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Matthew Upson, Jonathan Woodgate.

Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard, Gareth Barry, Jermaine Jenas, Owen Hargreaves, Joe Cole, Ashley Young, Stewart Downing, Shaun Wright-Phillips, David Bentley.

Attackers: Emile Heskey, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch.

Lets be brutally honest, AJ's form this season does merit international selection, if it did then our squad is in bigger trouble. The guy has a huge heart runs all day but for a forward that is not enough, his size counts against him every time. I'm a little surprised that Owen made the squad because he hasn't lit the sky up either but gets by on reputation

I also feel sorry for Pip, his England career is now over for good

Well you could see the writing on the wall for both really. AJ has had some tough games missing penalties and sitters and Neville I have been pulling my hair out on more than one occasion this year. Not to be to negative but if I can see this then I can't see anyone else not noticing.

How does AJ not get in but the perpetually injured Owen is included. Heskey is in there and so is Crouch? How?

Pip shouldn't have been in the England set-up for a while if you ask me. Osman has been out injured and as such shouldn't be there.

For me, AJ and Lescott.

Why I like AJ is he doen't give up on lost causes. His work rate is exemplery. His finished product this year has been inconsistent to say the least.

A good run of form and he will contend again for a place.

How does AJ not get in but the perpetually injured Owen is included. Heskey is in there and so is Crouch? How?

Pip shouldn't have been in the England set-up for a while if you ask me. Osman has been out injured and as such shouldn't be there.

For me, AJ and Lescott.

Owen has 40 goals for England in 88 appearances, we know what he's capable of. Heskey offers much more of a physical threat than AJ and brings a different type of threat in (even though he hasn't scored goals this season) Crouch? Crouch has got 14 goals in 24 appearances for England.

AJ simply isn't good enough anymore.

I also think the 'diver' charges against AJ have not helped his cause no matter how unjust some of them are

Owen has 40 goals for England in 88 appearances, we know what he's capable of. Heskey offers much more of a physical threat than AJ and brings a different type of threat in (even though he hasn't scored goals this season) Crouch? Crouch has got 14 goals in 24 appearances for England.

AJ simply isn't good enough anymore.

Bollocks. Owen isn't fit. What good is bags of goals if he is lying on the treatment table. Heskey is absolute [Poor language removed], a one season wonder (and not even that!) and Crouch is getting in on the fact he is owned by the [Poor language removed]. He isn't even 4th choice over there anymore, and they only have ONE good striker, Torres. The rest are [Poor language removed], and still get picked ahead of Crouch.

osmans recent injuries and the same with baines means they were always going to struggle.

vaughan hasnt played enough, and a CB call up for jags was always going to be difficult in light of the sheer volume of decent english CB's there are. although how ledley king gets a call i will never fathom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back