EFC V Brann Match reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm...i was hoping for some articles praising us for winning away at home in Europe. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that the articles are calling us lucky and describing it as an unfair result.

its not that bad atleast they get Anichebe's name right they can't even do that in English. Channel 5 commentators call him Anchovie. :lol:

negative fleet street

after waking up this morning and checking the score i was delighted to see us take a 2-0 win away to the champs of norway.

i then made my morning cup of green tea and settled down at my desk to read the papers. the guardian is my first port of call and they have been writing some good stuff about us recently.

however the match report was grim. same with just about every paper i read.

perhaps we are expected to put in a great performance every time we play now we are part of the 'big four'. i just thought it was very harsh.. on a tough pitch to boot.

i guess everton forgot to hand out the complimentary port and truffles at half time to the journos.

The reports were a bit harsh. I think, aside from Neville and Fernandes, we were very comfortable. It wasn't a great game by any means, but we gave enough and would have upped the game had it been necessary.

It annoys me when hacks say Cahill was 'anonymous' whenever he plays without scoring.

He was fine last night. Put himself about, made some good tackles and had a smart shot excellently saved.

Just because he didn't pop up with 2 goals he is suddenly a 'spectator'.

I'm going to burn a journalist on Wednesday.

Tbh I thought it was a very poor game last night, Brann never lived up to their publicity, it concerns me not what a bunch of Fleet hacks think, poor game, 2 - 0 win, who is happier us or Brann

Sun ratings?

I picked up the sun in work and looked at the players ratings even though they always wind me up if I've seen the game myself!

They gave Neville and Fernandes-6 who were both bloody awful
Lescott, Cars and Cahill also had 6 who I thought had decent games.

I would say its all just honest reporting as we were defo poor last night.

I agree. I read thru the whole of the match day thread as i missed the game due to work, and having read those articles can't see anything in them that is much different than what people were saying in the match thread. A little paranoia going on i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back