Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Euro Semi finals - ENG V NL; SPA v FRA

Sycophantic bbc breakfast camped at all conquering super pen sub arnolds primary school this morning - who'd of thunk it. 🤮🤮🤮
Interestingly 3 of England's players hail from Stockport (not a million miles from their Salford quays hq) but no story there 🤔
They're setting England up for a shootout defeat here. The whole media has been going on about how great we are now at penalties all week.

Going to be a tight game tonight, either way.

For me, it is straight down the line 50/50. I cannot pick a winner. If England can just pick up that attacking impetus a bit more (there were signs in the Switzerland game, in the first half at least) then I would make England favourites but there is a big doubt that Southgate would let them play with a little bit more freedom.

Not mad at all.... he is a waste of space and shouldn't be starting for England never mind captain.

I would say it is more down to the slow play than he himself being a waste of space.

He is a player that likes to be involved, when England were just passing it around the back, taking too many touches he was obviously getting frustrated. That meant he had to come short to even have a hint of touching the ball, that meant that if the ball did then go forward there was nobody there, although I did see Bellingham move into a striker position a couple of times.

If the ball gets forward earlier then Kane would come into his own, also if the wide players didn't, again, take too many touches before considering a cross then Kane comes into play massively.

Sycophantic bbc breakfast camped at all conquering super pen sub arnolds primary school this morning - who'd of thunk it. 🤮🤮🤮
Interestingly 3 of England's players hail from Stockport (not a million miles from their Salford quays hq) but no story there 🤔
They did have a piece about the three lads from Stockport which is fair enough but the need for the BBC to balance it up with a story about a player who was hooked off in the 2 games he started and only a late sub in the other game just shows typical bias by them to make it about Liverpool.

I would say it is more down to the slow play than he himself being a waste of space.

He is a player that likes to be involved, when England were just passing it around the back, taking too many touches he was obviously getting frustrated. That meant he had to come short to even have a hint of touching the ball, that meant that if the ball did then go forward there was nobody there, although I did see Bellingham move into a striker position a couple of times.

If the ball gets forward earlier then Kane would come into his own, also if the wide players didn't, again, take too many touches before considering a cross then Kane comes into play massively.
We shouldn't be adapting our play for someone like kane... he is not that good, and I really do not get where our reliance comes on him comes from. He has been below average the last 3 england tournaments.

This team would fare much better with either Watkins or even Ivan 'the myth' Toney playing up top.

hopefully he changes that this evening.

On a side note: If you do Fanstasy football and can stomach an RS in your team Gakpo is a shoe in for Slott and will do well next year IMO
That's two major tournaments now that he has performed.

While elite club level might be a higher technical level, international football tells you more about a player's character, in my view. He's been excellent.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back