• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Evening Toffees - 24 Years of Fergie Tommorow

Status
Not open for further replies.

neville

Player Valuation: £30m
Evening Toffees

Fergie celebrates an anniversary tommorow hes now been at United for 24 years

Fergie was appointed on November 6 1986 and has established himself as the most successful British manager of all time.

When he first took over at United Fergie stated that his primary target was to

“knock Liverpool off their ******* perch, and you can quote me on that.”

Job done

No 19 beckons hopefully (y)

Evening Toffees

Fergie was appointed on November 6 1986 and has established himself as the most successful British manager of all time.

Job done

God Bless him

24 years at the one club is a truly remarkable achievement is this day and age. A proven 'great', and so obviously greater than the great 'Shanks'!!

I remember beating you jammy gets 5-0 two years before he took over.

How times change.

I Remember that one Chico

Also our Norman the year after in the Cup Moran should never have been sent off by the way

Dont know about you mate but I reckon Everton would have had a good chance of winning the European Cup if your lovely neighbours hadnt got us all banned

Also our Norman the year after in the Cup Moran should never have been sent off by the way

Dont know about you mate but I reckon Everton would have had a good chance of winning the European Cup if your lovely neighbours hadnt got us all banned

Yep, remember the FA Cup Final well, I seriously don't think I've still got over that you horrors. Bit harsh sending Moran off mate, but it turns out you only needed ten that day.

Who knows with the European Cup mate? We had one of the best sides in our history but nothing is a given, I'm sure we'd have had a good go like but we didn't even win the league that year.

Yep, remember the FA Cup Final well, I seriously don't think I've still got over that you horrors. Bit harsh sending Moran off mate, but it turns out you only needed ten that day.

Who knows with the European Cup mate? We had one of the best sides in our history but nothing is a given, I'm sure we'd have had a good go like but we didn't even win the league that year.

Didn't we lose players afterwards though? They went off to seek Europe I was told. Maybe that's a lie, but the fact is we were the best team in the world in 1985, and the favourites to lift to European cup I think. Certainly one of them. We were denied our chance to at least give it a go, and make ourselves European regulars, and that sucks :/

Evening Toffees

Job done

Oh , I SO hope so , kid .

Ill be ringing Quinny the VERY next day .

Stand on me .

P.S. Stop fukn Mitherin' !!!

Didn't we lose players afterwards though? They went off to seek Europe I was told. Maybe that's a lie, but the fact is we were the best team in the world in 1985, and the favourites to lift to European cup I think. Certainly one of them. We were denied our chance to at least give it a go, and make ourselves European regulars, and that sucks :/

We would have been one of the favourites, yes mate. A fine side and no mistake, but there were plenty of good sides in the competition.

Our best players didn't really start leaving until the season after, not replacing Lineker for example but we still pissed the league in 86-87 despite us having half the team out through injury.

As for the European Cup, who knows, I would have loved to seen us given a go at it but fate intervened.

SAY WHAT ???

( Mouths ; Are you FUKN SURE , lid ??? )

Greg Fukn Lugano couldn't do what Reidy did after that assault , mate .

You are DEFO 'avin a tin-bath with the Mickeys here , cock' .

We would have been one of the favourites, yes mate. A fine side and no mistake, but there were plenty of good sides in the competition.

Our best players didn't really start leaving until the season after, not replacing Lineker for example but we still pissed the league in 86-87 despite us having half the team out through injury.

As for the European Cup, who knows, I would have loved to seen us given a go at it but fate intervened.

As someone whom fiollowed that side across both England and abroad I can honestly say we WOULD have won it . Firstly , Gray would never have left and everyone else was terrified of us . No [Poor language removed] . Juve were as good as any and I remember reading Boniek in 4-4-2 or somewhere saying - the Super Cup was abandoned ; that they didn't fancy facing Everton as they " Were a Force " .
After they had beaten Liverpool , granted in horrendous circ's but they fancied it anyway . Platini was boss at the time .It stuck with me .

Ill go to my grave saying that we would've . Which makes that tawt with the Steaua '86 flag at the Bealzebubs #1 on my hit list .

He scares me,when am out on a mad one. I worry he is watching me... Somewhere, staring into my soul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back