Everton 0-1 Chelsea 23rd Jan 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our dreams are over... :(
At least something made me laugh is Lescott playing striker in the last 5 mins!

The boys are looking a bit jaded at the moment. We had a really good go at Arsenal and Man Utd and have been a bit off colour since then, scraping results rather than playing with any panache. Hopefully a week off will do them good because we'll need to be at our best for Spurs.

Well, [Poor language removed]. What can I say. Only two words really spring to mind after watching that game:

Anti-climax.

The result = [Poor language removed]
The performance = even worse
The fans = quiet

Chelsea made that look laughably easy. I always knew we were going to struggle to make the breakthrough but our attacking play was virtually non-existant the entire game. We looked frightened going forward and when they were hitting us on the break we sat back far too deep and allowed them too much time on the ball, and ultimately it cost us. Everyone in a blue shirt underperformed, particularly Fernandes who I thought had a nightmare in center mid.

Pretty gutted.

weve got 1 adn a half weeks now s=till spurs, enough training for moyes to teach the players how to shoot, the two best shots came from defenders, saying something?!

i dont think that was a poor match at all.

in fact i thought we played extremely well but once that goal went in we just didnt have the energy to get the 2 we needed.
cahill was not as prominant as i had hoped he would be.
fernandes perhaps tried to be a bit too clever at times.
the cole goal was a beauty and it was just a slight lapse from lescott and jags that gave him that extra yard to get the shot in.

all in all i thought we gave a good showing so im not as down as i thought i would be.
lets just hope we learnt a lot from that game and use it as motivation in the uefa and the league.

the difference and the reason we lost was the chelsea keeper.
he made 3 or 4 world class saves.

Games caught up wit us tonight! I think Moyes's game plan backfired tonight Super Tim just doesnt seem fit or is carrying a knock at the moment!

I thinnk its important to remeber that very few chelsea players tonight cost under 10 million! And they had a 15 million pound player come of the bench!

Credit to them they deserved it on the night, but itsimportant the finacial gap is recognised, one thing is for certain Lescott is by far head and shoulders the best player on our team bar none, hes world class!

i think i must have watched a different match to some of you lot.:)

a couple of passes went astray , but so did chelsea passes.
where things didnt come off , it wasnt due to our players playing bad , it was due to good chelsea players.

we had chances , we showed some nice awareness with short quick passing.
the team played for each other and looked like they wanted to win and were hardly pinned back and playing defencive.

in fact apart from the goal and there goal keeper i thought defencively we were better and our attack play was better.

even though we lost i cant see any reason to criticise the lads.i think the credit has to go to chelsea .

Last edited:
feeling a bit down

I think if we continue to punt longs ball up to AJ, whilst he is being marked by 6ft4 giants Tim is never going to be involved becuase there is no second ball to pick up. Play it on the bloody deck! Overall left a bit down, but hey ho, lets concentrate on the league and UEFA.

Worst player tonight - Osman
Best player - Lescott, Jags

If I was the manager .... Id' have played with 2 up front from the start!

Chelsea fans are PIGS!

Last edited:
am I the only one who didn't think the performance was that bad? we had some good chances and at times played some good football. My neutral friend who i watched it with agreed with me that everton were unlucky with an excellent goal.
The game empahasised the huge financial depth between the clubs. I doubt our starting 11 cost even overed the transfer fees of their bench let alone wages. I thought our boys played well and were unlucky.
My MOM would be lescott- he was great defensively and pushed forwards, but Johnson and Jags also played well and i thought Fernandes had a good first half.
Their MOM was probably Cech which goes to show that we gave them a good game.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back