Everton 1-1 Arsenal. Weds 28th November @ 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pace.
Threat of cutting in on left foot - opens up space for overlapping player.
Lack of an alternative when Mirallas is not available.

I trust that will suffice?

Yeah I understand especially Coleman also was out. Oviedo is much better than Gueye.

I can't stand all this "Oooh, but we were playing Arsenal".

Arsenal are CRAP these days, and if we hadn't have allowed them to walk right through our half before literally gifting them a goal for a laugh, then we would have won.

Good match , that. Our 2 game unbeaten run gathers pace. I'm off to put the kettle on

Is right Chrissy.

If we can't beat teams who aren't better than us, and can't beat teams who are better than us, who can we beat?

These draws are p*ssing me off... even if it was Arsenal, we're just as good as them so no reason we should be made up with a point.

Yeah fair enough we probably should have won that, and people are more annoyed that it's a draw simply because we've had far too many of them recently. But it is what it is.

Personally unless we've been really hard done by I just can't be bothered to fume. I've lost too many hair follicles fuming over Everton as it is.

I can't stand all this "Oooh, but we were playing Arsenal".

Arsenal are CRAP these days, and if we hadn't have allowed them to walk right through our half before literally gifting them a goal for a laugh, then we would have won.

To be fair, whenever we play Arsenal at home or away, we nearly lost all matches for the past 10 seasons so 1 point is a plus perhaps.

Not challenging for the title but Arsenal are far from crap. They absolutely destroyed Spurs after going two down and play very good football when allowed to. Everton ran their arses off today to nullify most of what they did.

Frustrating point. They were there for the taking - we were all over them from halftime until about the 75th minute. Cannot believe the foul on Pienaar wasn't given, and had it been you know Jelavic would have buried the penalty.

We still have a crying need for a right mid/wing. Naismith is effective behind the main striker but not on the right and whilst Oviedo can do a job coming off the bench against a tiring left-back, I don't want him starting games on the right.... I do want him starting games on the left however, so that Pienaar can drop down to the bench.

Fingers crossed that Gibson is ok.

Be positive lads, it'll come back. Lets hope the injuries subside a bit and we can make a few signings in Jan. We're two quality players away from having a top squad. Hitz looked awful though. The gulf in quality between him and a half-knackered Gibson is unbelievable.

Can see Johhny H going in Jan, add that to any money Moyes can hopefully squeeze from the board and it's game on again.

Another game we were the better side for most of the game.
Wasted chances , good saves and Jelavic (while working hard) is still about 1/2 yard short of where he needs to be to finish.

Still sloppy at the back .

Hopefully we are coming out of our injury crisis which exposed our lack of Depth and have drawn most of those games. Last couple of seasons we would have been losing those and not been sitting 5-6th but 14th-15th.

its annoying why we could not play with that tempo against the likes of norwich and reading .jelavic looked a bit brighter but seems to be lacking fitness

I think Gibbo was subbed since he was back from injury and he was on a yellow. He will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back