Everton 1-1 Norwich City. Saturday @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
More thoughts on yesterday

I think the squad we have gas the potential to produce a very good team. Our manager has bought some talented players to the club. It's clear to me that we could play a good passing game if a few changes were made to tactics and players.

In my opinion not playing osman hibbert cahill neville. Not instructing the defence to play long balls to a player consistently failing to win them. The frustration arises from this I.e. we could (and do occasionally) play well, and when we do it's with good passing on the deck. However we hoof. We're not even GOOD at hoofing. It doesn't work for us. They should stop it.

With a mid to Jags playing out if defence on the deck with England.

View from the Palace end; I have never seen an Everton team so low on confidence or lacking in spirit since I started watching them regularly in 1995. Poor individual performances from the usually reliable Neville, Cahill and to a lesser extent Baines who got forward well but defended poorly. Interesting choice to start Gueye and he looked up for it but not match fit. No urgency until Royston came on. Everton are not a bad side at this level, comfortably top ten even after losing Arteta and Pienaar. The players that remain are decent. On yesterdays performace, something's not right.

View from the Palace end; I have never seen an Everton team so low on confidence or lacking in spirit since I started watching them regularly in 1995. Poor individual performances from the usually reliable Neville, Cahill and to a lesser extent Baines who got forward well but defended poorly. Interesting choice to start Gueye and he looked up for it but not match fit. No urgency until Royston came on. Everton are not a bad side at this level, comfortably top ten even after losing Arteta and Pienaar. The players that remain are decent. On yesterdays performace, something's not right.

i will give you a clue, his initials are DM.

The frustrating thing is we created enough chances to win by 3 or 4 goals, i think if most other teams had created the same amount of chances as we did they would have scored 3 or 4 goals, we are really lacking confidence when we have chances.

I can't believe how accurately this game summed us up.

Dominate for a bit, miss chances.
They score with their first meaningful attack.
Huff and puff.
Eventually get a goal.
Dropped points.

If I hear "Goodison's a hard place to come" one more time I'll explode. Such a myth nowadays, it's one of the easiest grounds to come to. Sit back a bit, withhold our usually abysmal attacking, then just take a chance when the opportunity arises.

Sorry to piss on your optimism mate (which you should be commended for) but we were gash again. We have all the posession in the world in midfield, but can't do anything up front. MoYlEz seems to think that midfield possession will win us matches.

Fast becoming a Moyes outter here and I hate saying it. Coz I still heart him. I'm just very dissapointed in him.

Cheers mate. It just goes to show how misleading match higlights can be. My logic was based on the fact that even the MOTD highlights make us look crap lately, so because we actually looked good in them this time we must have had a pretty decent game. Obviously, though, a year or two ago and we'd have been looking to pick up 3 points at home to mid-table sides.

And yes, i will remain optimistic to the end i guess. I'm probably forever a Blue now, after 45 years or so, whether i like it or not!

The frustrating thing is we created enough chances to win by 3 or 4 goals, i think if most other teams had created the same amount of chances as we did they would have scored 3 or 4 goals, we are really lacking confidence when we have chances.

To be fair though, at least we had some shots on target this time, and it took a good goalkeeper to keep some of them out.

My requests for our next game:

1. No Neville in the starting line-up.
2. No Cahill in the starting line-up.
3. Drenthe starts.

Other than that, could see anything. (Within reason of course, don't see any reason to have Bily on the pitch.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back