Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads up and go again.

Hurts more to lose when you play so well.

Well said mate.

Nobody thought we'd play that well with that team. So take the positives lads.

That Chelsea team is packed with bossness. Yeah we could and perhaps should have got something from that but we didnt.

We move on.

We are boss.

i just dont get how this team cannot score more than 1-2 goals a game. just....its not even "unlucky" at this point, its just annoying as ****...

It's lacking that special killer instinct in front of goal. And if Jela's off-form, we don't have anyone like that.

This is what has annoyed me most mate. All game it was Chelsea not playing well, Chelsea showing their class even when not playing well, Chelsea show backbone, not a word about how we actually deserved at least a point. Sky's team can do one.

We were class today.

If we had , deservedly, won. They would just say Chelsea had an off day. Not that our second team outplayed them , like

Jelavić played a lot better today than he has been doing recently. Had three great opportunities that he did everything right and was only stopped from putting the ball in the net by the post, Cech and the bar. His head went down after hitting the bar and then cocked up when the chance fell to him in the last minute.

What we lacked today was a real big-game player - a leader. Lampard did it for them as he always does against us. Best performance from us in a while. Hopefully Felli and Mirallas (if fit) can rip the jordy's apart on wednesday!

Jh another mare I am afraid to say movbing jags cost us defensively we had no luck but both goals big hole in the centre of the defence! JH missing every time his hollywood balls were crass Distan was really good no centrartner thats what cost us they has 3 efforts on goal scored 2!

Agree. Distin carried Heitinga this game. Jagielka should not be moved from centre back because Heitinga thinks he's too good to be right back.

The Guardian summed it up well enough:

Everton were outstanding for long spells of this game, dominating the first half hour and for 15 minutes of the second half but Chelsea again proved their resilience, Lampard his cleverness and opportunism, to win. If Jelavic had equalised at the death it would have been a fair reflection of the ebb and flow of a most enjoyable game. If I wasn't so tribal I'd pay to watch either side play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back