Everton 1-2 Chelsea. Sun 30th Dec @ 13.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
point in telling me that? I love Baines, and pienaar, they're ace, no question about that. Do tend to overdo it on the left side though.

we were missing our 1st choice right hand side. I know our goal came from that side, but naismith and jags created nothing from the right ( as you would expect from two players out of position). when we had coleman and mirallas we were creating just as much opportunities down the right. we're playing to our strengths when they're out, what's wrong with that? it's like asking stoke not to outdo the long ball stuff

we were missing our 1st choice right hand side. I know our goal came from that side, but naismith and jags created nothing from the right ( as you would expect from two players out of position). when we had coleman and mirallas we were creating just as much opportunities down the right. we're playing to our strengths when they're out, what's wrong with that? it's like asking stoke not to outdo the long ball stuff

Chelsea dealt with it with relative ease in second half. Kept using the same tactic though, without creating too many clear cut chances bar the jelavic header. Understand we' 're down to bare bones like.

To be fair to Johnny I thought he had a decent game yesterday, and if it was up to me, if we couldn't get Lescott back on loan, then I would give him a contract extension as I really don't think we can do any better than a player of his ability when given a run in the side again.

To be fair to Johnny I thought he had a decent game yesterday, and if it was up to me, if we couldn't get Lescott back on loan, then I would give him a contract extension as I really don't think we can do any better than a player of his ability when given a run in the side again.

not sure that's right, both their goals came straight down the middle, Ramires also ran straight down the middle in one instance, Distin had a good game which makes me think that someone somewhere didn't have a good game.

How this kopite got that gig is bizarre, he clearly knows nothing about the game.

Oh wait, there are so few kopites on football programmes already they probably wanted to get the numbers up...

Same in this part of the World mate. Steve ****in MacMahon, Spackman were the pundits here, tosser called Des Corkhill is a red and a big shake in ESPN Asia .. spiteful, horrible melts the lot. McMahon sounded pissed last night too.

Pienaar was my motm, completely dominated the midfield, at times it was like he was playing 3 positions at once. Also loved the competition between him and Luiz, he ran rings around sideshow bob. I though Naismith also played really well, he's gone from gash to quiet decent in only a few games. Big Vic was also great at holding up the ball and bullying the defenders but maybe he should leave the through balls to Pienaar. It's really hard to fault Jeli because he working so hard but nothing is falling for him..

I admit I am one of Naismith's biggest detractors but credit where due, he played okay yesterday, will have to do a lot better than that and on a regular basis to convince me. I think his biggest issue is a total lack of speed. He played well against Cole (who let's be honest looked slow and off his game) but I would have preferred to see Oviedo and his pace having a go at Cole.

The only pace we had at all y'day was Jags and Distin in defence and Vic occasionally, okay once maybe twice .. we needed more pace to go with the guile.

If Vellios can run around like a mad **** for 70 to 80 minutes I think we should him a chance to prove himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back