Everton 3-1 Sheffield United. Wednesday 24th August @ 20.00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't just talking about you to be fair, I was including myself in it. We've all been like "yay we won ... mind Moyes still got his team selection wrong and Blackburn will probably hammer us."

I just think it was a record how fast we deflated after a good perfromance. It happened when we were still 2-1 up.

I think I said it before the game, at numerous stages in the game and then again post-game.

I'm detaching this result from the premier league mate. As should we all, because last season showed that cup wins over gash teams don't change our PL fortunes.

However I'm glad we avoided this banana skin and hopefully we can have a good cup run. :)

zp_PA-11454245_1__7401.jpg

Lovely pic of Barkley fancying a handful of hip.

Cannabis. And it happened alright.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=683211&sec=england&cc=5739

He was a kid though, as in literally a kid.

Found it just earlier, but thanks.
Just reading through the GOT thread started on this just when it happened.
Funny how, just weeks before, FIFA 10 and FM09 were released, games in which he became a total world-beater, really living up to the better-than-rooney hype.

Cue the inevitable bust-up of Barkley in a horrible triple homicide before his 18th birthday.

zp_PA-11453860_1__680.jpg
Kenwright approves - criminal behaviour builds character.

Happy days , well done Everton , roll on saturday a nice draw in the next round at lunchtime followed by 3 points in the league come 5 o clock would make for a very pleasant day . COYB .

Last edited:

And as a final non-game-related aside, i have decided that Baxter is a melt.
His twitter is just so full of dumb attitude, kinda saddening really.

http://twitter.com/#!/jbaxter37

Anyway. Great result, glad the team performed, glad Barkley kept up form, Tets seemed to find his feet and even Rodwell got some much-needed confidence.

Now i will pray for Mucha to keep a frickin' clean sheet the next game he gets 90 mins.

I think I said it before the game, at numerous stages in the game and then again post-game.

I'm detaching this result from the premier league mate. As should we all, because last season showed that cup wins over gash teams don't change our PL fortunes.

However I'm glad we avoided this banana skin and hopefully we can have a good cup run. :)
Agreed this result will do nothing but paper over the cracks that are begining to appear at a higher level.

If nothing else all it will do is calm the nerves hopefully and the team can go and start grinding out results.

I prefer him at right back, he also had a really good game tonight

I always have. Neville's captaincy masks the fact he isn't as good as him in the position.

I said last season Hibbo is a better RB. I remember him having a few stormers after coming back from his groin injury.

I may have contradicted myself more recently saying Nev is out best defensive RB, but Hibbo has more pace and stamina. And a better cross, although that really isn't saying much.

Agreed this result will do nothing but paper over the cracks that are begining to appear at a higher level.

If nothing else all it will do is calm the nerves hopefully and the team can go and start grinding out results.

The result was nice but the performance was important tonight and the lads did well against opposition that we usually screw up against. It could potentially kick start some good results in the league.

Happy with the result and it was an ok performance. Hibbert and Osman really impressed me (two years ago I couldn't have imagined the amount of times I'd get to say that sentence). I doubt this will have a massive bearing on the blackburn game but we can hope! COYB FFS

I said last season Hibbo is a better RB. I remember him having a few stormers after coming back from his groin injury.

I may have contradicted myself more recently saying Nev is out best defensive RB, but Hibbo has more pace and stamina. And a better cross, although that really isn't saying much.

Positionally Neville has always been better but I think Hibbo recovers better (obviously due to pace) and is better in the tackle. It's all irrelevant though because he will start RB next game.

Yeah i always hated the abuse Hibbo used to get, but the past 2 years its rare to see him make a mistake, and his crossing is mostly great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back