Everton 5-1 Hull City

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are certain people who'd like to see Moyes replaced at Everton by a better manager. Admittedly, they don't very often make their voices heard in this forum (thank God for GOT), but if you visit certain other Everton websites they represent a noisy minority.

Now I know it was only Hull City, but how can you watch a performance like that, remembering all the while that the manager has assembled this squad on a relative shoestring of a budget, and not thank all the stars in heaven that David Moyes is at EFC?

Just before I moved abroad I spent three seasons sitting in the lower Bullens watching Walter Smith's attempts to take Everton forward. As far as I'm concerned, those 'fans' who want to see Moyes on his way out, can't possibly have sat through the [Poor language removed] I sat through week after awful week.

They were awesome against Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Hull City and not too bad in the second half against Spurs. And if it hadn't been for a frankly ridiculous injury situation for the whole first half of the season who knows where we'd be sitting right now.

Well done to the lads today.
Great to see Arteta and Jagielka back.
Sign Donovan up ASAP.
Come on You Blues!
I think I'm in love

I was just in Toccy, in the SAMS club, missus playing Darts there.

Anyway, could there be anymore speed bumps???

Back to the footy.

Superb, from start to finish the blues were majestic, apart from one player who didn't show up, look arsed, do anything etc, but I won't dwell in the obvious - I will just say, why has Donovan been on the bench the last two games? That's all I'll say.

Ok.

Howard - Did well, came out to smother a chance early on and second half was pretty much a spectator.

Baines - Brilliant, whatever that blert behind me says, with his one tone fog horn of a moaning voice.
Jags - Back, he's ******* back.
Distin - Not sure I am happy with him marauding forward, but he nearly scored and for me had one of his better games.
Neville - Did well also, loved his U-S-A chanting to the fans, that was just beautiful, it really showed the connection between the players and the fans, and how important that is.

Arteta - He had a great game and I was massively impressed. 2 good goals also.
Pienaar - Immense as always, I would miss this lad over any other player on that pitch.
Osman - injured early on so not really much to say.
Rodwell - excellent performance, coming forward, showing for the ball - centre back? pah, Centre Mid by a country mile.
Heitinga - This guy can tackle, can pass, can't shoot, but other than that - top drawer.
Anichebe -

Yak - Ran well, showed for the ball, unlucky with the shot off the post, the penalty was disappointing, but he's not the first to miss a pen.

Donovan - How good is this guy? Best Right Winger we have had since Trevor Steven.

There are certain people who'd like to see Moyes replaced at Everton by a better manager. Admittedly, they don't very often make their voices heard in this forum (thank God for GOT), but if you visit certain other Everton websites they represent a noisy minority.

Now I know it was only Hull City, but how can you watch a performance like that, remembering all the while that the manager has assembled this squad on a relative shoestring of a budget, and not thank all the stars in heaven that David Moyes is at EFC?

Just before I moved abroad I spent three seasons sitting in the lower Bullens watching Walter Smith's attempts to take Everton forward. As far as I'm concerned, those 'fans' who want to see Moyes on his way out, can't possibly have sat through the [Poor language removed] I sat through week after awful week.

They were awesome against Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Hull City and not too bad in the second half against Spurs. And if it hadn't been for a frankly ridiculous injury situation for the whole first half of the season who knows where we'd be sitting right now.

Sign Donovan up ASAP.
Come on You Blues!

Defo mate. TW will be a bit quieter today.

Ok like, it was only Hull but for the first 10/15 of that second half we just sexed everywhere, great soccer all over the show.

Sign Donovan up ASAP.
Come on You Blues!

I think your referring to the winner of Weapon of The Year 2003 - 2009, and he's odds on favourite to win it again. He does work hard at his tittish comments, he blerts with the best of them, and in a world of Teds, he's the tallest. Michael Kendrick. He'll bring you down.

Defo mate. TW will be a bit quieter today.

Ok like, it was only Hull but for the first 10/15 of that second half we just sexed everywhere, great soccer all over the show.

Doesn't matter who it is. It's taking any team and putting them to the sword. We graft against better sides, and sometimes waltz around them, and against the little sides, we fart in their general direction.

I'm liking Jack Rodwell in a Steven Gerrard esque role. Gives him a bit more freedom and less defensive responsibility.
Me too, good decision to put him there by Moyes, following his mistake in 1st game against Sporting playing as DM.

Last edited:
Thought you would have been seething at that.

Not at all, I have no problem with American people, just the governments. After all, Modern America were born from Europeans who I like others descend from.

But it's about the reaction of the players to the fans - it's beautiful, and when Landon blew a kiss to the street end, well it was emotional.

if anyone knows where I can find full game highlights with match commentary, that would be outstanding

would love to see Landon blowing a kiss to the crowd too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back