Homepage Article Everton Already Have An Identity...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Ed's (@Dixies60) latest article is now online;

You saying we aren’t a big club lad???

Nah, good article which appeals to my self deprecating side. I agree with everything apart from Moyes being a good choice. Never go back.

Well written article with an absolutely shocking sentiment. Carlo went to Madrid because they're Real Madrid. Snake that he was.

This type of thinking might rub off on club leadership if we allow it to come from the fans as well.

NSNO.

I agreed with this;

For me, the most damning part of Everton’s current identity is the fact that 7th place is jokingly refereed to as the Everton trophy. There’s consistent failure to reach success. One trophy in our entire time in the Premier League is a meagre return. We are a million miles from that latin motto.

... for me, David Moyes' knife to a gunfight mantra, an ideology he has shown at every club of downplaying expectation at every turn is why I feel he'd be the very worst appointment.

I mean... stuff like this;

I agreed with this;

... for me, David Moyes' knife to a gunfight mantra, an ideology he has shown at every club of downplaying expectation at every turn is why I feel he'd be the very worst appointment.

I mean... stuff like this;

Why do football fans get obsessed with taking quotes out of context and then saying it sums up a whole managerial approach?

Moyes was good at playing down expectations to take pressure off the players. It helped them outperform, rather than underperform.

I liked the bit about different factions signing different players, and the fact that you can separate our entire squad into 4 groups which do not align with any of the others says a lot about how dysfunctional we've looked at times. Need a manager who can make something coherent out of the assets we already have alongside a few new signings.

Why do football fans get obsessed with taking quotes out of context and then saying it sums up a whole managerial approach?

Moyes was good at playing down expectations to take pressure off the players. It helped them outperform, rather than underperform.
Are you being serious? Or, as your name might suggest, are you being deliberately disingenuous?

Moyes began that mantra around the time he ditched the tracksuit and started appearing on every football TV show he could. It was all about him, and building his own reputation. Time and again he bottled the big occasions, but wanted the outside world to believe it was just down to Everton's glass ceiling, and, thanks to him, we were really punching above our weight.

Then, having been applauded off and sent on his way to Man Utd. after seeing out the season (huge mistake, that; he should've been sent on gardening leave and invited back as a guest for the last game., not allowed to go through the motions as team manager) the cheeky [Poor language removed] came back with BOGOF-style player offers, and snidey remarks about holding back people's careers.

It's not a single quote taken out of context. Moyes was a repeat offender. Good manager. Flawed character, and no hesitation in trying to do the dirty on Everton when it suited him.

I wouldn’t want Moyes coming back. He did the same as Ancelotti, he played us like a fiddle while he was plotting his move to the Mancs.

I cringe when I think about the ovation he got on his final game. He even tried to belittle us with lowball offers for Baines and Fellaini similar to which he had turned down as our manager.

Ed's (@Dixies60) latest article is now online;

Piss poor, no backbone, and no fight.

Great!

I liked the bit about different factions signing different players, and the fact that you can separate our entire squad into 4 groups which do not align with any of the others says a lot about how dysfunctional we've looked at times. Need a manager who can make something coherent out of the assets we already have alongside a few new signings.
Its brilliant - sounds more like Game Of Thrones than a football club. We should do a Sunderland Or Die-esque documentary!

Are you being serious? Or, as your name might suggest, are you being deliberately disingenuous?

Moyes began that mantra around the time he ditched the tracksuit and started appearing on every football TV show he could. It was all about him, and building his own reputation. Time and again he bottled the big occasions, but wanted the outside world to believe it was just down to Everton's glass ceiling, and, thanks to him, we were really punching above our weight.

Then, having been applauded off and sent on his way to Man Utd. after seeing out the season (huge mistake, that; he should've been sent on gardening leave and invited back as a guest for the last game., not allowed to go through the motions as team manager) the cheeky [Poor language removed] came back with BOGOF-style player offers, and snidey remarks about holding back people's careers.

It's not a single quote taken out of context. Moyes was a repeat offender. Good manager. Flawed character, and no hesitation in trying to do the dirty on Everton when it suited him.
The glass ceiling was real! You can argue all day, but at the time it was pretty much impossible to go much further on our budget. We could have fluked a cup, but you just need to look at the honour roles there too to see that non Top Four sides had them pretty much locked down.

David's where he needs to be...but we are in limbo, due to our serial averageness.

Losing Carlo is a bad thing, I don't care what anyone says. Shame about Nagelsmann, at least him being an option (I'd have paid him more than Carlo was getting, to get him here) would have given me a shred of hope.

David's where he needs to be...but we are in limbo, due to our serial averageness.

Losing Carlo is a bad thing, I don't care what anyone says. Shame about Nagelsmann, at least him being an option (I'd have paid him more than Carlo was getting, to get him here) would have given me a shred of hope.
What we need is to go old school. Find a grizzled Scottish miner from somewhere to completely kick the club upside down!

i agree with this. had moyes not had a good season at west ham no-one other than bill kenwright would have backed him now for everton. also the dearth of other good alternatives has an influence on whether or not to go for moyes. apart from the fact that he may not eant to come anyway he could be a good choice. the poor man NEVER had any money to buy players

Status
Not open for further replies.