Everton and America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton was the first team I ever saw play in person when they visited Chicago in the summer. I've become attached to the club ever since. "Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same" (y)

If youre gonna use the quote , hombre , please give its author credit .
Bally . The greatest of them all !!!

Ill buy the sentiment though .

First EPL match I ever watched was Everton v.s. Stoke - last november was it?

If I remember correct, Moyes got sent off or warned by the ref or something. And in the end, they add something like 4 minutes of stoppage time or something ridiculous, and they cut to a shot of Moyes' face and IT WAS PRICELESS.

He was so pissed.

Anyways - I took a lot time choosing my EPL club. BIG four were automatically not choices. I didn't want join a team like Man U's bandwagon. I wanted a team that was strong, and had prospects, but were not constantly favored. I wanted something to root for.

Eventually decided on Everton because I liked their style of play - and I liked the story of a big team being brought back to life by a good manager. I recognized them as a team with a lot of potential for success in the future.

And it's been great so far. Every online Everton community I've been privy to has shown tons of heart. The longer I support Everton, the more I find to like about the club, players, and supporters.

Sing it , cally .

I moved to Chicago in 1997 and have been converting any American who's interested in knowing the History since then. I was born and bred in Liverpool and have supported the Blues since I old enough to go to the game with my old man...started in the mid 70s and got to see Latchford and the team before living the dream during the 80s. Can't be more chuffed to see Everton playing the way they have this year. I went to see them play against the Chicago Fire last summer during the off-season and couldn't believe the amount of support (both local and traveling) that the Blues have. Made me proud!

Fox Soccer Channel does seem to show Everton at least once every two weeks which is great - the funny thing is that the same media bias that occurs in the UK for the big 4 permeates onto the after-game analysis over here. I'm also sick and tired of hearing about Villa this season, the Blues hardly get any recognition of their achievements, either this season or in prior years...

So you're all saying it wasn't me running around San Diego in an Everton Shirt 30 years ago that laid the foundation for US Everton support. And all this time I thought it was me. Gutted. Still, I had a nice time dudes.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back