Everton and Brighton

Which brand of football do you prefer?

• Everton

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Brighton

Votes: 8 44.4%

• Total voters
So, if not for the points deduction, we are on 44 points. The same as the much lauded Brighton and Hove Albion. I think it’s fair to say, we play opposite brands of football.

Do they pass for the sake of it? Do we go long way too often?

The question is, which football do you prefer?
I think it depends on the playing squad. Our squad's skillset is more aligned to the Direct Approach.

Our style of football is more fun when we win. The derby was the perfect example. Old school and shows most modern footballers are absolute fannies (Alexander Arnold being the prime example). But when you play that way and lose to Luton, it's hard to support it.

Why can't we do both? Dogs of war when you're up against the scab 6 and show a bit more initiative when playing the rest.

If we had 3 or 4 better players and were playing full on dogs of war style we'd probably beat the bottom half quite easily and pick up a fair few points from the top 10 also.

It wouldnt make us a 'top side' but it would see us far higher in the table.

A well executed long pass is a beautiful thing to behold at times. Defensive doggedness and not allowing the opposition to play is no bad thing either.

I'd like us to just get more measure and control about our play when we have the ball. It's so scrappy. Even when we've sat absorbing pressure and gained an opportunity to counter, we can be so poor.