Everton apply for Intertoto

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's likely to be one UEFA Cup place for league position. It's insurance, why not?.

Although various sources say that a UK team might be up for the Fair Play League thingy (however that works).

Now that you mention it, it does make sense to cover every possibility, but i don't think we'll capitulate into needing it.

its dependent on the fa cup final, there is a uefa place there that could transfer to the league if the 'right' sides make the final.

I'm glad we've applied for it. We have to continue European football. I think this season playing in Europe has helped us so much. Helped spirit too. The 'againsts' query the extra matches, but for me the whole point of League football (if you're not going to win the league) is to qualify for Europe. So why not play a few games in the summer

it is a good insurance policy, bet the shoite do the same now cos they're more likely to need it than us.

The best bit is, Liverpool haven't applied.

I can see them only having the league to fight for next season as they are currently 22-1 to win CL this year. PARP!

Here's hoping their pride will forbid them from entering the intertoto competition.

Smart move really. Spurs have already cut into the seven european bids with the Carling Cup victory. We have a big enough squad now. The more european football the better as a safety net of course. Champions league is our main goal at the moment and knocking the red lot on their fannies.(y)

liverpool not entering.. it really would damage their precious image and every website and paper would be all over it. i can see why they have not.

what is it they say about pride before a fall...?

is it a statement of no confidence or simply covering our backs.

im sure it could be spun either way.

pompey
[Poor language removed]
villa

three biggest games we have played in a long while. it would be so glorious to get fourth again.

it makes sense, i think we had a season a few years back when we were the only team in the top 10 not playing in europe the following season. we don't want that again, even if it means intertoto or fair-play routes into the uefa cup.

As expected from our bitter neighbours...

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=379557

Despite delusions of grandeur, Everton have applied for entry to the Intertoto Cup.

David Moyes' side are three points ahead of fifth placed Liverpool in the Premiership, although the Reds have a game in hand.
But they are being realistic and are not confident of even qualification for the UEFA Cup, so have applied for entry to Intertoto - the backdoor UEFA Cup qualifier for sides who really shouldn't be there.

"It would be remiss of us not to put our name forward," admitted chief executive Kieth Wyness.

is it a statement of no confidence or simply covering our backs.

im sure it could be spun either way.

pompey
[Poor language removed]
villa

three biggest games we have played in a long while. it would be so glorious to get fourth again.
Suits I think its more of a lets keep our feet on the ground move as the last thing we need is complacency I'm sure we will have no need to enter come the end of the season.Be nice if the r/s do not apply and miss out, just think of the protest marches we must be allowed in .change the rules any team with the letter L automatic entry:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back