Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have reservations about Bernard and Zouma. And Richarlison wasn't his call, as you underline by leaving him out of that list.

My concerns were/are more about outgoings, though. By loaning so many out rather than getting them sold he's stored up a problem for next summer.
Not really
Loan them again , Chelsea been doing it for years & we get loan fees for them.

I'm not convinced he's going to break back into the CD.
I think if he doesn’t it’s more testament to Mina looking great and Keane showing the biggest season over season improvements I’ve ever seen. Either way Zouma is a massive upgrade on old Jagielka, fat Williams, last season Keane and Holgate. Good signing strengthening the squad.

I too am a bit concerned about Bernard’s lack of productivity after a very exciting start.

No doubt the impetus came from Marco, but you said Richarlison wasn’t Brands call, and as DoF - I reckon his call is the one that counts.

Good to see that your doubts on his signings are getting fewer and fewer. Wasnt that long ago that Mina and Gomes were on your hit list too.
Nope. I said we needed to see them sooner than the third month into the season.

I still have reservations about Bernard and Zouma. And Richarlison wasn't his call, as you underline by leaving him out of that list.

My concerns were/are more about outgoings, though. By loaning so many out rather than getting them sold he's stored up a problem for next summer.

..nah, I simply forgot about Richarlison.

None of these signings are specific to Brands or Silva, they both need to be on the same page, they both have the power of veto. I think it safe to assume Silva most wanted Richarlison, but Brands supported the request and made it happen.

I’m sure nothing happens without Brands and that’s how it should be.

I think if he doesn’t it’s more testament to Mina looking great and Keane showing the biggest season over season improvements I’ve ever seen. Either way Zouma is a massive upgrade on old Jagielka, fat Williams, last season Keane and Holgate. Good signing strengthening the squad.

I too am a bit concerned about Bernard’s lack of productivity after a very exciting start.
No arguments there.

Bloody hell. The cult of Brands is still alive and strong.

Let's see how jug head gets on selling those loan players in the summer and sorting us a striker out this January...which was his duty to do last summer, btw.

Their contracts are running down and the value is disappearing, so: no.

Half of the dross lumbered on us by previous regimes has no value. Certainly not on the obscene wages we gave them.

The likes of Sandro, Bolasie and Mirallas will be attached until their contracts run out.

Positives are that Vlasic and Onyekuru should make profits if deemed surplus. I expect Besic will find a suitor too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back