Everton exonerated,Brann Eight-ball charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpys top lip

Player Valuation: £60m
From the Independent......

Everton will almost certainly be exonerated over a pitch invasion by a small group of their fans in their Uefa Cup last-32 match at SK Brann on 13 February but the Norwegian club will face charges for that and for the "curious incident of the eight-ball", a reference to a pool ball thrown at Everton's goalkeeper, Tim Howard, during the game, The Independent can reveal.

Uefa has been conducting a formal inquiry into the pool-ball incident, but, according to a senior Uefa source, the investigation was initially hampered because neither the referee, Bulgaria's Anton Genov, nor the Uefa delegate at the game, Liechtenstein's Reinhard Walser, mentioned it in their match reports.

The incident only came to wider attention the morning after the game when a Norwegian newspaper, Bergensavisen, ran a front-page story, headlined "Scandal", above a photograph of Everton's captain, Phil Neville, handing the pool ball to Genov with an incredulous look on his face.

Uefa waited in vain for Genov or Walser to mention it, then opened their investigation, albeit without announcing it publicly.

"It was surprising to us that the referee did not mention that he was given the ball by an Everton player," the source said. "He told us he could not be certain where it came from, so decided not to mention it at all. That was not very helpful. It's a curious case, and that's why it takes time."

Brann are close to identifying which one of their own supporters threw the ball, which missed Howard but landed nearby on the pitch. The club has been studying video evidence from its own security cameras, and talking to witnesses. "We're quite confident we'll get the person who did this," a club spokesman said. "And when we do, they will be banned from the stadium for life."

Uefa has yet to be handed Brann's footage, or to receive a reply from Everton following a written request for testimony from the club about the incidents.

Everton might theoretically have been in trouble because about a dozen of their fans invaded the pitch at the end of their 2-0 win. But Brann are likely to be the ones in the dock as the host club who failed to provide adequate stewarding.

Think we can count are selfs lucky not to be on the end of a charge, After the numpties running on the pitch. We all know what Uefa are like with english clubs.

From the Independent......

Think we can count are selfs lucky not to be on the end of a charge, After the numpties running on the pitch. We all know what Uefa are like with english clubs.

Spot on Sharpy, UEFA's experience with a certain other from this area ain't so good so you could not have been too surprised if they had done us

so the pitch invaders escape to do worse on another day.

Thing is thou SB, Its not them tossers that get done. Its us as a club, We end up with a big fine.Or worse pay behind closed doors or expulsion.

Just happy nothings going to happen this time.

Please behave in italy boys an girls.

thats the point though isnt it, had uefa came out and threatened us with closed door games in future if we cant control our fans, then that threat should serve as a deterrent.

as and when it doesnt, hopefully the club get a choice, expel the arse holes invading the pitches or closed door games.

Thing is thou SB, Its not them tossers that get done. Its us as a club, We end up with a big fine.Or worse pay behind closed doors or expulsion.

Just happy nothings going to happen this time.

Please behave in italy boys an girls.

Please, please. I've written enough times about the Italian authorities and the fact that they won't be as accepting of some of our more exhuberant outpourings (like pissing in the fountains for example) so as I've just said on another page, behave like a nob at your peril and don't drag the good name of our beloved Blues down with you.
If we behave badly it will make the RS look good and the rest of the UK will come out with the scousers are scum thing again.
Just go out there, enjoy the food, the wine, the atmosphere, the ice cream, the handsome chaps and sexy ladies (delete as applicable).
Buon viaggio a tutti e chi vediamo in Piazza per un aperitivo.
You'll be able to recognise me from my photo............(y)
I wish!

Please, please. I've written enough times about the Italian authorities and the fact that they won't be as accepting of some of our more exhuberant outpourings (like pissing in the fountains for example) so as I've just said on another page, behave like a nob at your peril and don't drag the good name of our beloved Blues down with you.
If we behave badly it will make the RS look good and the rest of the UK will come out with the scousers are scum thing again.
Just go out there, enjoy the food, the wine, the atmosphere, the ice cream, the handsome chaps and sexy ladies (delete as applicable).
Buon viaggio a tutti e chi vediamo in Piazza per un aperitivo.
You'll be able to recognise me from my photo............(y)
I wish!

I only wish Lass that what you say may come true. We all know that some lads will turn up a couple of days before, got out for a scoop, start singing which the locals won't like then trouble. Some of those Italians will have knives and do use them..........................I just hope my biggest fears are not realised but after Blackburn you can sometimes want to give up on them(n)(n)(n)(n)

I only wish Lass that what you say may come true. We all know that some lads will turn up a couple of days before, got out for a scoop, start singing which the locals won't like then trouble. Some of those Italians will have knives and do use them..........................I just hope my biggest fears are not realised but after Blackburn you can sometimes want to give up on them(n)(n)(n)(n)

To be honest, I don't think the locals mind a bit of singing, the trouble COULD start if say, someone is pissed and staggering about knocking tables over or maybe shoving people around. The cops arrive to move the offender on and all his mates start getting agitated - the pushing and shoving gets worse, more police are called, the whole thing escalates and before you know it, it's batons at the ready. I doubt there'll be any bother in the city before the match, the place will be crawling with police, carabinieri and Vigili Urbani, so I doubt things will get out of hand other than a few incidents which will be swiftly dealt with. I'm worried about the match and after the match.

Italian thugs who use fooball as an excuse for a fight are fuelled not (usually) by drink but by politics and drugs and of course, their 'support' for their team. Some English supporters are as daft as brushes when they're sober but are total morons when they've had a belly full of ale. Our bad behaviour is more loutish than violent but over there it's motivated by something much more intense and long lasting than 10 pints of lager.
I might sound like I've lost the plot Monty and I don't want to come across like I know everything about the problems out there but it is interesting to understand what motivates people to behave violently.
Anyway, time I wasnt here.
Ciao, ci vediamo piu tardi.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back