Everton fan banned from Goodison for racially abusing Ric Wee on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a bit sorry for the lad, he's clearly got mental issues. I reckon he thinks he's a better fan than Ric, and got all angry when the club gave Ric the vip treatment. What a weirdo.

well done everton.

well done to the image for bypassing the swear filter. such a daft thing to get banned for, blatant keyboard warrior stuff. find it a bit amazing that they specified the worlds used and the personnel victim. letters normally don't have stuff like that, they normally give you a specific template and wait for you to ring up before you can find out what exactly was at fault.

good on the club on all fronts though

Great move by our club. Makes me love the club even more (if that would be possible). People with that kind of racist thinking have nothing in common with what the club stand for. Had hoped we would have left these people behind us when we had the problems with people shouting racist slurs against Nyarko many years ago.

HUGE thumbs up for the club for doing this.

The problem is that there are many unpleasant people who support Everton just like any other club. His ban will be overturned because I'm not sure they can ban him from games unless he has said something at an Everton game. It's exactly why the FA can't punish supporters for singing racist songs outside of grounds. It would be far better just to name and shame him on the Everton website and tell everybody where he sits. Then if he makes any comments at the game they can ban him and get him arrested. There's probably people with criminal convictions who have season tickets at Goodison, you could end up sitting next to somebody who's been convicted for beating up his wife.

They can ban him because its private property Goodison Park, if they dont want him in the ground they don't have to allow him.

There will be people in Goodison who have convictions but Everton can decide who they dont want in the ground, its a civil matter. Besides which i would imagine that Everton have better solicitors than the lad in question if he decided to make a issue out of it.

On a similar note me and my dad once gave my season tickets to my doctor to go to a game, he had never been to a football match and really wanted to go see one. Forget why we couldnt go, this was back in the late 80s.
When we got the tickets back from him he told me dad he loved the experience of going to a match but would never go again because he couldnt hack the racist comments from the crowd towards the players. The seats were in the family club.

We have moved on a lot but anything Everton can do to make the match going experience better for people who actually want to go and support the club is a good one.

In the comments below from the tweet, the lad is saying its a shared account and it wasnt him. and then someone else said, get one of ya boys to get ya season ticket and you use it.

I wouldn't have thought so.

Where I think they feel they are able to ban him is the fact he used the acronym "EFC" in his user name.

Can the club legally ban him from Goodison for comments made on twitter not directed at the club?

They can do what they want. They can ban everybody for no reason at all if they wanted. Much like I can choose who I let inside my house, the club can choose who enters Goodison.

What a complete and utter mong.

d1a62d004bd88dcb6cf64086628a01a7_zps29743e1b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back