Everton in crisis? - Daily Mail Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iam really not one for mass protest ,maybe its just my generation but i left all that potesting and stikes to my dad
what we really need is a big name to come out and support us the fans

images

Perhaps? An Evertonian by all accounts.

Crisis would be fielding Shane Duffy up front against Liverpool at home in front of 3'000 fans.

We're just skint, that's all.

I was told by one of the lads who set up the group they where trying to get it out in the media , which is a good idea BUT the last thing we want is getting kopites involved , he was always going to sit on the fence , he's got a decent relationship with Boys Penn Bill I believe , atleast people are now taking notice that the clubs not all rosey like most media outlets make out that where happy finishing 8th and relying on 17 year old kids coming through every summer , hopefully the first of many articles

I can imagine Ian Ross going berserk at the moment emailing and calling his contacts around the press corp trying to get this campaign capped off.

I can imagine Ian Ross going berserk at the moment emailing and calling his contacts around the press corp trying to get this campaign capped off.

Prob mate, but lets be honest all this splinter group stuff will all be forgoten after our fist signing and certainly after a ball is kicked.

It is not rocket science how Norwich and Swansea etc can outspend us, Everton's wage bill is probably 3 or 4 times bigger than theirs. The tv money we get is already spent on wages, where as they are all of a sudden getting an extra say 40 million of Sky money on top of the budget they already have.

It is not rocket science how Norwich and Swansea etc can outspend us, Everton's wage bill is probably 3 or 4 times bigger than theirs. The tv money we get is already spent on wages, where as they are all of a sudden getting an extra say 40 million of Sky money on top of the budget they already have.

RED ALERT SENSIBLE POST! You can add Wolves, Stoke, WBA, etc to that mate.

Prob mate, but lets be honest all this splinter group stuff will all be forgoten after our fist signing and certainly after a ball is kicked.

I've said all along mate: for this situation to get out of hand for the board one of two things has to happen 1) Everton finish bottom half of the table, 2) Moyes walks.

That said, these lads in the People's Group are a manifestation (along with E4C and another recently formed group who's name escapes me for the minute) that a slide down the table and continued broken promises wont be tolerated. They're straws in the wind - pointers of what's to come if this club's board dont pull their finger out and get a feasible plan of action together.

Absentee landlordism has had its day. The likes of Earl and who stands behind him are in for a very bumpy ride.

RED ALERT SENSIBLE POST! You can add Wolves, Stoke, WBA, etc to that mate.

But they haven't had 4th, 5th, 6th place finishes, a Carling cup semi and fa cup final over the space of 6 years like us and have nothing to show from it apart from every penny being spent running the club.

They get a pay off for having success

Where's our pay off? oh that's right, for any inclining of success, the club have to to cover it leading to Elstones comments of "we couldn't cover the cost of getting into the champions league"

The board would be more than happy us sitting mid table and getting rid of tthe players on big money to keep costs down rather than the headache of achieving something

And West Ham who went the other way ¥ down

Not really doom and gloom for them

Go down, cut costs, come back up, extra 40mill or whatever, TV money, and a new bigger stadium with naming rights to sell...

Slate is clean for them now

But they haven't had 4th, 5th, 6th place finishes, a Carling cup semi and fa cup final over the space of 6 years like us and have nothing to show from it apart from every penny being spent running the club.

They get a pay off for having success

Where's our pay off? oh that's right, for any inclining of success, the club have to to cover it leading to Elstones comments of "we couldn't cover the cost of getting into the champions league"

The board would be more than happy us sitting mid table and getting rid of tthe players on big money to keep costs down rather than the headache of achieving something

No they start on Championship budgets, then get a whoopping revenues, they get the revenue boost for being in the PL and staying there - if they get relegated its fire sale stuff, im sure if you asked any of their chairman would they prefer to be in their position or Evertons - i think to a man they would all say us! I wonder why that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back