Everton in crisis? - Daily Mail Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand that mate - how is getting relegated far better for them then staying in PL - if that is the case why isnt everyone doing it?

Look how bad there finances are before gold and that other clown came in, and how benifcial it would be to drop a league, cut costs, then get a balloon payment for promotion and a new stadium

I'm not comparing relegation. For west ham and the financial predicament they are in, getting relegated and hopefully getting back up is far more benificial for them than staying another season in the Prem

IF they get back up mate. Didn't work for Sheffield Wednesday, Forest and so many others though mate.

Remember 94 & 98. Staying up at all costs is best mate.

Not comparing to stoke or disagreeing that you don't get much money for finishing 5th...but you do open doors or at least should do on the back of it to increase turn over a lot more to cover costs and have something left over

So far anything success wise, the club just generate enough to get by rather than, you'd think, be able to easily cover those costs and have more spare.

Possibly mate, its a divergeing route, not to bang on about other clubs but just to illustrate the point - you can either keep your best players or sell them pocket the fee and wages and reinvest - as we have seen with the Darren Bents, Andy Carrols, Downings and Youngs. The choice in the PL is to either stick or swival to be honest, that choice is open to debate, should we have sold the Baines, Arteta's, Jags etc - or given them contracts to keep them? Personaly i am happier they satyed. Was the right decison for me. I take your point though the club can always be run better - for instance im not sure i would have given Saha a two year contract on 60k - but that decisons for you.

Transfer fees are pretty much irrelvent in my opinion mate, the serious money in the PL is in fact wages. That said i beleive we are talking in definites and your working of the basis that we will sign nobody and im commenting on the basis that their will be at least a couple of first team addition before the end of the window.

Last edited:
Ok, guess we cant go any further with this till 1st Sept, but the players they sold, it wasnt too keep costs down, both players wanted away and they got decent money.

Anyway, we will review this on 1st Sept, AFTER Villa have spent 37m.

I think it was a bit of both mate, they wanted out and Villas battle ship is sunk for me so it there was little resistence. They did well getting 20 mill for Downing but 16 mill for Young was a snip tbh. Not forgetting they have dropped about antoher 8 players from the first team squad for free and thier squad age profile is knocking on tbf. Lets not forget they sold Milner and Barry for good money as well and brought in cheap replacements.

Now if that had happenned here.............................

It's simple , they got relegated but have out spent us in the transfer Market , and have had a 7 mill bid for shayne Long rejected 2day too , we know full well it's not more beneficial but it's seems that way if we can't even bring in a player on loan

So if they spent more the us and then got relegated in that good or bad management mate of the club overall mate?

*Maybe throwing money at the situation isnt the answer, just saying like.

I was,nt expecting facts from king/mail but the article has pushed the club issues into the national spotlight once again.

It,s only a matter of time till a full expose is done by a national broadsheet.

The club want the season to start now as they feel the fans will forget everything in an instant that has gone on this summer.

I suspect the club will be proved to be wrong on this point in the the coming days and weeks.

I think it was a bit of both mate, they wanted out and Villas battle ship is sunk for me so it there was little resistence. They did well getting 20 mill for Downing but 16 mill for Young was a snip tbh. Not forgetting they have dropped about antoher 8 players from the first team squad for free and thier squad age profile is knocking on tbf. Lets not forget they sold Milner and Barry for good money as well and brought in cheap replacements.

Now if that had happenned here.............................

They did spunk a huge sum on Darren Bent tho to be fair.

I was,nt expecting facts from king/mail but the article has pushed the club issues into the national spotlight once again.

It,s only a matter of time till a full expose is done by a national broadsheet.

The club want the season to start now as they feel the fans will forget everything in an instant that has gone on this summer.

I suspect the club will be proved to be wrong on this point in the the coming days and weeks.

A couple of wins and the fans usually do forget though mate. A lot of fans sat around bored in the summer stokes the flames of discontent some more.

at least when villa sell players they re-invest the money in the squad when was the last time we did that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back