Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that Klaasen compares to Van De Beek.
VDB has done quite well in the few opportunities he has been given but his best chance at Utd is a change of manager.

I think he is a player that our manager would use.
He’s absolute pony. Townsend & Gray have proved that decent, cheap players are out there, van de beek is not one of them.

Rondon desperately wanted to get away from China and back to the Premiership.
He was hardly a striker in demand. , there is no way he is on 100k.
I would guess he is on half that.

Apart from anything else we could not spend this summer because of the size of our wage bill. I had a quick look at the players that left in 2021 and would conservatively say we saved about 40m on wages from players leaving.
I would guess that the players we signed will cost about 12m to 15 tops.

We also will save an additional 8m plus when Sigurdsson and Tosun leave some time in the next ten months.

After having a summer of belt tightening I doubt that we then lashed money on free transfers like Begovic, Lonergan, Rondon and Townsend.
That's a lot of waffle to essentially say you have no idea what he's on. I don't either, for the record, and @4737carlin certainly doesn't, he barely knows what day it is, bless him. However, the idea that the lure of Benitez is so great that he would sacrifice millions of pounds to play for him seems spurious. If he's not on big wages, he got a big signing on fee.

On the back of strong performances and a committed style I am excited what reinforcements in January could offer.

That said I wont be excited by simply a big name coming in like Donny. Townsend is case and point the importance of a player fitting Rafael's schemes. A he seems to be with the club the long haul, blistering pace and power should be the prerequisite of any attached name. This is a counter attacking side and pickups should acknowledge that.

Obviously RB continues to be the need. The likes of Aarons and Lamptey in our more transition heavy counter attacking side makes the possible fits all the more obvious. But both I would be surprised to see move mid season. Frimpong at Leverkusen is engaging but just moved.

One name at RB we have been rumored with in the past that seems to make a lot of sense is Aurelio Buta from Antwerp. Ready for a move in which Everton is a big but achievable step up. Hopefully an in season move could allow him a little time to step up for more use the following season. And a high end prospect. Potentially too raw but the logic is sound and a fee likely reasonable.

I don't think that Klaasen compares to Van De Beek.
VDB has done quite well in the few opportunities he has been given but his best chance at Utd is a change of manager.

I think he is a player that our manager would use.
Maybe, but I think he’s not an alternative to Doucoure and Allan. If that was the case he would replace Fred or McTominay already. On the Echo podcast they said we should get him on loan in January but I can’t see we get any players on loan in January from the top six clubs if we are still in mix for Europe comes January. I think we have to look abroad instead.

quotes from Brands that vd Beek is still "on our list", another move he says depend on whether his current team want to let him go out and a lot can happen between now and Janurary.
Rather have that Villar from Rome and I haven't seen him kick a ball.

Aarons hasn't looked like a world beater but surely we could get him on the cheap now as Norwich are deffo going down and need to plan for another promotion. Maybe Kenny going the other way to sweeten the dealb

Aarons hasn't looked like a world beater but surely we could get him on the cheap now as Norwich are deffo going down and need to plan for another promotion. Maybe Kenny going the other way to sweeten the dealb
Thats interesting way to look at it. I guess thats true. If they are clearly going down come January, they might consider a in season sale to reinvest early in the summer. Still January prices tend to be a bit lower and he is arguably there biggest asset. Might have more suitors at the end of the year.

Also think there is a chance they right the ship. Collectively I think Farke is good and liked their business in the Summer (especially Tzolis). Had a very difficult opening to the schedule wouldnt be shocked if they improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.