Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be interesting to see why our deal fell through for him, lot of buzz about him since we were linked with him in the Summer

Maybe because we have no money left to spend thanks to ffp...they were probably banking on getting a big fee for moise kean and something for james so we had a few possible signings lined up...

Be interesting to see why our deal fell through for him, lot of buzz about him since we were linked with him in the Summer

Seems to happen alot to players we are linked with from ground level.
Nathan Patterson's value has gone up with his Scotland exploits also

DCL now linked to Newcastle, Arsenal and City.

Richarlison of course only 2 years left on his deal next summer.

Mina will have only 1 year on his contract then as well.

We could see 3 of our best players leave soon and bring in a huge amount of money.

On the other hand id much rather we extended these players deals...

We could see 3 of our best players leave soon and bring in a huge amount of money.

It depend really. If Newcastle offered crazy money for DCL 100mil say. I’d take it and I’m sure Everton would. With selling kean and hopefully a few more, we could really re-group and buy 5/6 quality players.

Obviously it wouidnt be great losing all 3. Im
Hopeful Mina signs a new deal. Richarlison I’m not sure

If you factor in this season we drop down to 12th in the league.

It depend really. If Newcastle offered crazy money for DCL 100mil say. I’d take it and I’m sure Everton would. With selling kean and hopefully a few more, we could really re-group and buy 5/6 quality players.

Obviously it wouidnt be great losing all 3. Im
Hopeful Mina signs a new deal. Richarlison I’m not sure

The 'net spend' on transfer ins/out in terms of fees only is (and im being generous here) circa £250mil in 6 years under Moshiri.

Thats around £42mil a year which really is nothing as large as some posters and the media claim.

If you are right @catcherintherye and our spending is 12th since Brands took over then i am not surprised at all and imagine we may even drop lower in the next 12months.

What I would be doing between now and the summer is doing my best to lock in the following players:

Pickford: Expires 2024--Extend to 2027
Age at end of new contract: 33

Godfrey: Expires 2025--Extend to 2027
Age at end of new contract: 29

Mina: Expires 2023--Extend to 2027
Age at end of new contract: 32

Digne: Expires 2025
Age at end of current contract: 32

Doucoure: Expires 2023--Extend to 2025
Age at end of new contract: 32

Allan: Expires 2023--Extend to 2024
Age at end of new contract: 33

Gray: Expires 2024--Extend to 2026
Age at end of new contract: 30

Richarlison: Expires 2024--Extend to 2027

DCL: Expires 2025--Extend to 2027

If we can extend contracts then it also extends our FFP/profit and sustainability on the books for their transfer fees -- this opens up more funds to use on signing players.

Clearly some of those players have club options for another year and others wont simply agree to the extension length or even an extension at all.

Pickford
??? Mina Godfrey Digne
Doucoure Allan
??? Richarlison Gray
DCL

Thats a strong 9/11 players and if we have any sense we would be doing our best to get them signed up.

Moving forward...

Right back:
Mazraoui from Ajax on a precontract in Jan
Patterson/Ramsey from Scotland
Aarons from Norwich
Dodo from Shakhtar
Livramento from Southampton
Singo from Torino

Right Wing:
Chukwueze/Tsyganov's deals end in 2023
Antony from Ajax
Kulusevski from Juventus
Pino from Villareal
Sarr from Watford
Doku from Rennes
Tete from Shakhtar
Madueke from PSV

Of course some of these players will be cheap/free while others will be expensive.

We should be able to use this average £42mil spend and bring in two of these players to 'complete our first 11'.

We have some young players now on the books like: Dobbin, Onyango, Branthwaite, Gordon, Nkounkou. If considered good enough, 11 players becomes 16 and hopefully one or two more come through to pad the squad.

Outside the 9 'senior' players any of the others should be considered available for transfer and we should actively be trying to move them on.

Use the funds on signing u23 aged high potential players and build a second 11 behind the senior who are capable of developing into starters.

We should be building around the quality that we have and being more ruthless in moving players on that arent top quality.

TLDR:
Extend senior players contracts
Sell/move on seniors who arent 1st choice
Look to sign/develop top u23 players

Rumours that Mina's agent is offering him to Milan.

Not good if true...he's someone we need long term.

I've got a horrible feeling Zat that we are skint and we will.see 2 of those 3 go in the summer.

Seems to happen alot to players we are linked with from ground level.
Nathan Patterson's value has gone up with his Scotland exploits also

There's definitely a frustrating pattern there. When we have no money to spend we target these hot prospects and inevitably don't get them because of course, we have no money to spend.

Just watching Leicester in Europe. My god their squad is so much better it’s laughable.
Daka as third choice striker instead of Rondon.

Just watching Leicester in Europe. My god their squad is so much better it’s laughable.
Daka as third choice striker instead of Rondon.
Leicester have sold a lot of players so it’s helped them keep spending and to be fair they’ve bought very well. Though have looked a bit hit and miss this season.
Drinkwater, marhez, kante, Maguire and chilwell. Basically that’s roughly 250mil

Status
Not open for further replies.