Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way I’m relieved, being skint in a way sparks creativity, maybe some hungry lads breakthrough, or we get the right sort for decent fees and wages with a point to prove moving to a club of our history.

What’s worse then being skint, is us absolutely just urinating money against the wall, on players with no heart or want. I’d defo take being skint over that to be honest, it’s not what Everton are about, we were never this wasteful, even when we had a few Bob in the past, I hate that about this era of Everton.
Ideally i dont want us to spend anymore money until we fix what the Moshiri eras broken and return a structure to the club from top down.

Ideally i dont want us to spend anymore money until we fix what the Moshiri eras broken and return a structure to the club from top down.

That’s it a Chara. The club needs to get back to basics. Forget the 30 mill per player signings on 90k, give hungry lads with talent a chance, look at West Ham - there two most dangerous players Antonio & Bowen, both came up from the Championship with a point to prove and more than competing in this league sitting in the CL spots. We had a choice at one point, Iwobi or Bowen, how we ended up picking Iwobi for extra 12 million is beyond me.

We need these players with a point to prove given the opportunity to play here, Iwobi’s of this world who think we’re a step down club for them just to keep the bank balance ticking over.

I still think it is a bit nonsensical and points to them genuinely having 0 to spend
Yeah they're absolutely skint. Every new manager gets to bring a cople of names to camp nou but Xavi has to make do with a 38 yo former legend coming for free. Itd be like Arteta coming in here and bringing Jags back.

All those clubs at the top you mention have also sold players for a lot of money to somewhat balance the books. We haven’t done that, so it isn’t unfair really is it.

I'm not saying we have spent well, we clearly have not. This system though is designed to absolutely kill off competition, and that is unfair whatever way you look at. It's so utterly boring.

You're right, Everton has to spend smarter. There's no doubt about that, our recruitment is a shambles. You could've given the money to any Evertonian and they would've spent it better! I just detest FA, it's bad enough watching them rig games on a weekly basis, without their dire profit and sustainability rules.

Its not just about transfer fees or spending mate, it’s taking on a wages, it’s the wage bill making the losses. Essentially what we did, was chop and changed managers essentially every year, let them bring in their own players, couldn’t sell the last mangers players, continued to pay them, let their contracts ran out and haemroged money. We’ve had way to many players for way to long, yet we always seem to be short, bonkers really.

Same thing...i dont want us to spend unless we have outgoings.

In a way I’m relieved, being skint in a way sparks creativity, maybe some hungry lads breakthrough, or we get the right sort for decent fees and wages with a point to prove moving to a club of our history.

What’s worse then being skint, is us absolutely just urinating money against the wall, on players with no heart or want. I’d defo take being skint over that to be honest, it’s not what Everton are about, we were never this wasteful, even when we had a few Bob in the past, I hate that about this era of Everton.

We should be spending the next 3 transfer windows simply moving players on + adding in high quality youth and frees.

Then the squad would be trimmed and should see value by summer 2023. Thats when we should be looking to sign 3 or 4 star players to take us up a level.

What's also worrying is our squad apart from DCL Richy Pickford possibly Doucoure who can we sell as a profit?

No chance Pickford would be sold for a profit, Richarlison would probably only get us a £20m profit at best too because we paid £50m for him now that the add ons to Watford have probably been paid. Doucoure as well no chance, 29 in January and we paid over £20m for him.

No chance Pickford would be sold for a profit, Richarlison would probably only get us a £20m profit at best too because we paid £50m for him now that the add ons to Watford have probably been paid. Doucoure as well no chance, 29 in January and we paid over £20m for him.
Removing the blue tinted glasses, selling Calvert-Lewin would be the best option in terms of generating income and sustaining a financial footing for the future.

Look at that shower across the park and how they made money from Suarez and Coutinho, which was reinvested in the wider squad's transformation.

Sadly, I doubt our hierarchy would either get the maximum amount of money or use it as wisely; also, I don't think DCL would sit in the same bracket as the two.

Richarlsion and Pickford might go for profit, but not huge amounts that could be reinvested to bring in a mixture of quality and quantity, which is what we need.

Due to this, I think DCL will leave in the summer.

Removing the blue tinted glasses, selling Calvert-Lewin would be the best option in terms of generating income and sustaining a financial footing for the future.

Look at that shower across the park and how they made money from Suarez and Coutinho, which was reinvested in the wider squad's transformation.

Sadly, I doubt our hierarchy would either get the maximum amount of money or use it as wisely; also, I don't think DCL would sit in the same bracket as the two.

Richarlsion and Pickford might go for profit, but not huge amounts that could be reinvested to bring in a mixture of quality and quantity, which is what we need.

Due to this, I think DCL will leave in the summer.
I think the fact over the last year we are seeing him create a sort of 'Brand' for himself would suggest he is looking towards bigger things and getting himself into mainstream a bit more. In the right team he could be a decent goalscorer and i agree I can see him moving on before Richarlison tbh who whilst also good does'nt quite slot into a lot of teams as easily as Dom would.

Status
Not open for further replies.