Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is going to implode spectacularly. A quality player frozen out by an absolute weapon of a man, decreasing his value and now nobody wants to buy him. And we've already bought his replacement. Only at fn Everton.
Something doesn't fit there.

If Digne is the quality player so many say he is, he has value and more to the point other clubs will want him.

If no-one wants him and he genuinely generates no interest at a low valuation, say £10m, then he obviously isn't viewed by other clubs as being any good.

I don’t want El Ghazi. I’d rather have the cash.

All I will say is, there’s probably a lot of pairs about how Gray and Townsend weren’t what we needed in the summer either. Yet now no one would swap Gray for Leon Bailey for example. Same thing happened with Idrissa Gueye. We need to judge players for what they do in a blue shirt.

I dont want him either however from an FFP perspective it makes a lot of sense.

Let's say we would agreement Digne is worth 30 and they say El Ghazi is worth 10, so 20m difference. You can bump those numbers to 40 and 20m and its almost pure profit on Digne, while your cost on El Ghazi only goes up at around 1/3- 1/4 of El Ghazi.

So from an FFP perspective it makes a lot of sense.

I don’t think we will get him for exactly that point, we don’t need a winger

That said though Gray wasn’t good enough for Leicester or Leverkusen, Townsend wasn’t for Palace, there’s countless examples of players that aren’t getting in at one club that thrive at another.

Here’s another scenario as well. We get El Ghazi in as part of the Digne deal for very low value. Iwobi is then sold in this window. The money from that goes towards a CB or a central midfielder. I’d accept that as Iwobi offers virtually nothing. El Ghazi could be cover for Gordon Gray and Townsend.
Townsend to be fair turned down the contract, he knew he’d end up at a big club, because he was on a free.. Unfortunately for him he had to settle for us?

Sign Brennan Johnson. Dont care on price. Do it.
He plays a bit like Gray, quick and very direct, didn't have to do much defensive work but the full back Spence didn't need much help.I thought Forest looked a very organized and we'll coached side.Easy this scouting lark.

Status
Not open for further replies.