Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widely reported at the time we paid a fee.

Irrespective of that, he's clearly a better player than Rondon or Tosun. We should have handled him better and extended his contract.
We don’t have the power to extend his contract if he doesn’t want to stay. That’s the point I’m making.

The narrative that we let him go to replace him with Rondon isn’t a stick we should use to beat the club with.

What did arsenal see in this ben white guy. I thought our defenders distribution was poor

And we were also after Gabriel. He's useless as well.
We must like useless defenders

@Zatara defend your guy

We should sign that Tavares from Arsenal he is another useless defender

I take it youve all just watched a game of football?

Tomiyasu--White--Gabriel--Tavares

That was their back 4.

It should be a back 5 with an older, dominant centre back in between White and Gabriel. Back 4 doesnt suit them.

Theyre all young players who will improve but need to fit into a better system.

Arsenal are going to be ones to watch if they can bring in 2 top forward players next summer.

As for us, if you look at the fees and wages their team cost then you see the huge gulf between the teams.

Im fine with us not spending additional funds in Jan or next summer as long as we can extend key players contracts + sell deadwood and reinvest.

Just selling 4 or 5 players who arent good enough brings in 2 or 3 that are.

I take it youve all just watched a game of football?

Tomiyasu--White--Gabriel--Tavares

That was their back 4.

It should be a back 5 with an older, dominant centre back in between White and Gabriel. Back 4 doesnt suit them.

Theyre all young players who will improve but need to fit into a better system.

Arsenal are going to be ones to watch if they can bring in 2 top forward players next summer.

As for us, if you look at the fees and wages their team cost then you see the huge gulf between the teams.

Im fine with us not spending additional funds in Jan or next summer as long as we can extend key players contracts + sell deadwood and reinvest.

Just selling 4 or 5 players who arent good enough brings in 2 or 3 that are.
How are you fine not improving what is already a poor squad for a further year, I'm worried we might not even stay in the prem this year and I'm dead serious. Our squad has zero depth or quality so in what universe do we shift dead wood yet not improve the squad and be able to survive. We are already scraping the barrel with the deadwood as it is because the squad is threadbare. We will be bottom 6 by January with no hope of improving the squad. First 11 is midtable but it is never fit. Worrying times.

How are you fine not improving what is already a poor squad for a further year, I'm worried we might not even stay in the prem this year and I'm dead serious. Our squad has zero depth or quality so in what universe do we shift dead wood yet not improve the squad and be able to survive. We are already scraping the barrel with the deadwood as it is because the squad is threadbare. We will be bottom 6 by January with no hope of improving the squad. First 11 is midtable but it is never fit. Worrying times.
Too add to my comment, about reinvesting, who the hell is paying money for our deadwood.

First eleven is top 6/7 easily, it's just that we never get a first 11, after the first 3 games.

First eleven is top 6/7 easily, it's just that we never get a first 11, after the first 3 games.
No way we have a team capable of top 6/7, 10th possible. My post was pointing to our squad which worries me, the reply was in response to the poster said he was ok with no investment just use money from the deadwood, my point was there wouldn't be any money from the deadwood and investment is crucial or we get relegated period.

No way we have a team capable of top 6/7, 10th possible. My post was pointing to our squad which worries me, the reply was in response to the poster said he was ok with no investment just use money from the deadwood, my point was there wouldn't be any money from the deadwood and investment is crucial or we get relegated period.
was just typing this. Our squad is bang average, even fully fit we are mid table

Said it before and I'll say it again:

Letting Josh King leave on a free less than six months after we paid £5m (ish) for him, only to then immediately bring in Rondon on a free... Idiocy.
He was a free transfer. And while better then rondon, he is still average and was a small time signing. Dcl only missed 4 games last season and was scoring all season, why would we have played him ahead of dcl and why would he then have wanted to stay if we offered another contract?

He is at his level, a club whose aim is survival.

was just typing this. Our squad is bang average, even fully fit we are mid table
We were mid table last season with the same squad who had an injury crisis for the 2nd half of the season. We were 2nd at Christmas before the injury crisis and we got 59 points which in the last 20 years would have had European football in all but 1 year. The squad is capable of better than mid table. Let's stop lowering expectations.

We were mid table last season with the same squad who had an injury crisis for the 2nd half of the season. We were 2nd at Christmas before the injury crisis and we got 59 points which in the last 20 years would have had European football in all but 1 year. The squad is capable of better than mid table. Let's stop lowering expectations.
The squad is mid table. The first XI is good enough to give most teams a game but we’ll never finish in the top 6 with the lack of depth we have. Injuries are part and parcel of the PL and you have to have a squad capable of getting results without key players if you want to get into compete. We don’t have that.

Status
Not open for further replies.