Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are we signing Baldrick?

Would be better than Longstaff though!

Fun fact!

In the episode "beer" (season 2, episode 5) of blackadder. Baldrick and percy are giggling about the fact that the turnip looks just like a "thingy", which doesn't actually make any sense. It turns out the writer who wrote the scene had confused a parsnip with a turnip but no one realised till after they'd filmed the episode.

It might seem like a boring anecdote but we all know you'll break it out next time you all see that episode lol

We need above all else:
Mobile midfielder(and I don't mean Longstaff)
Dominant CB

We have Doucoure for that. What we need is a defensive midfielder who can sit infront of the back 4 and take the ball of them under pressure and to play 433.

Spot on about the cb though.

Those are our two priority positions for me.

We have Doucoure for that. What we need is a defensive midfielder who can sit infront of the back 4 and take the ball of them under pressure and to play 433.

The problem is Rafael does seem to want to play 433. So Doucoure won’t play that role. More of 4231 and Doucoure isn’t good enough to play as a number 10.

Maybe he partners a new quality midfielder, for maybe 12months. I’d like to see us get 2 new midfielders. And one of them shouldn’t be longstaff

Don't disagree mate I didn't define the midfielder but if he is staying with a two we need a more mobile player than Allan a DM with dynamism aka a Gana type. Or you go for another box to box to go alongside those two in a three but he is seemingly wedded to a two man midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.