Everton looking to poach Brighton's technical director Dan Ashworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you're being a bit hard on Moshiri here. It might be that Moshiri is keen to get someone in to run the club for him but lacks the expertise to do that. The sacking of your head of recruitment and also a senior member of your medical team looks very much like a ham-fisted attempt at trying to have Benitez in charge.
No im not being hard on him. This is the bloke that because he couldn't get zaha went out and bought iwobi for £35m off his own back (allegedly). So i think unless he changes his ways he's just going to cause the same problems all over again with whoever is put in that position (if that position exists after the full review of the clubs structure).

The position we are in now is a prime example of the importance of a competent and backed DOF. I dont believe brands was given the power and backing necessary. And now we are left with a squad made up of Moshiri's friends castoffs and and number of players that were brought in to fit a specific system that was gone 4 managers ago.

I truly hope Everton brings in a DOF that makes it clear that he isnt coming unless Moshiri stays out of his way and lets him run a team properly. A competent and backed DOF, in my opinion, is vastly more important than a manager and should be given the power to run an organization with a long term view.

I would love to bring in Ashworth and hopefully he understands never to come here unless mosh has given him assurances that he will allow Ashworth to make ALL personnel decisions.
Agree with every sentiment. A Director of Football is more crucial than a manager at this point. Of course it comes with the caveat that Moshiri must learn from past mistakes but that is an unavoidable lesson for this club. He has to mature as an owner or his blunders will simply continue. Thats not a reason for not attempting a modern club structure.

I would argue the board appointing a manager while they are in review, have a reasonable interim manager the fans and squad will at least abstractly back when there is a 12% chance of us going down is reactionary and removing the scope of their problems. Their pitch to managers will be exceptionally poor without a DoF being able to sell the project considering the turnover and it being midseason. Let alone overriding the results of a review or staggering appointments yet again.

Ashworth would be a dream appointment, but beyond him as a candidate the clubs main resources should be in finding a DoF.

No point in getting anyone like this into the club whilst moshiri is still sticking his noise in everything. The feller wouldn't be allowed to do his job without the interference

Not sure they're particularly reliable, you've quoted a link there about Ferguson wanting the job permanently when the interview earlier from him pretty much confirms that isn't the case.

I think in our desperation for good news or signs of lessons being learnt we're quite willing to lap up anything at the minute.
Apologies if I've missed it but I've not seen any comments from Ferguson saying he doesn't want the job on a permanent basis, and both the Guardian and The Times have also reported that Ferguson wants the job on a permanent basis
1642695369918.png
1642695432928.png

Baz Rathbone was on twitter the other day saying just how good this fella is, and that he thinks he'd work really well for us. He worked with him at the England u18's

(I'm a Brighton fan) Couldn't see a thread on this. Apologies if I've missed it but thought you might be interested in this bit of news.

Apparently you're looking at trying to get Ashworth in as technical director to restructure the club and get it going in the right direction. For those that don't know, Ashworth was previously the technical director at West Brom and then the FA. This recent article from the Newcastle Chronicle explains far better than I can why Newcastle are also keen to get him in to restructure their club.

View attachment 152787

Obviously, as a Brighton fan I want Ashworth to stay at Brighton. I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to boast that our recent signings since his appointment have been some of the shrewdest of any PL club: Lamptey, Cucurella, Mwepu, Kozlowski, Webster. He's also had a hand in our youth development (now rated by many as one of the best in the country) and our women's team. I'm under no illusions though that there's a limit to what he can achieve with Brighton and he will almost certainly leave in the near to mid-future and as a football fan I'd prefer him to go to a club like Everton rather than Newcastle. I've got no issue with the fans, it's their human rights abusing owners. I think it's no coincidence too that only a few days ago, Brighton announced that they'd promoted David Weir to assistant technical director.

I saw a comment by an Everton fan on Twitter where they said that this would be the best bit of business and the most significant appointment for Everton in the last 6-7 years and as a neutral, I think that's spot on. Best of luck for the rest of the season and thanks for letting me post on this forum.
Wonder if we are poaching him, won't it be a bit hot in the pan for him :D

On paper it makes sense...
We need to restructure...
We need to make more successes out of our transfers and stop throwing cash at crap...
We need to start poaching and producing talented youngsters to push for a starting place and at the very least create transfer revenue...

Only downside is the niggle at the back of my mind whispering.....Steve walsh

On paper it makes sense...
We need to restructure...
We need to make more successes out of our transfers and stop throwing cash at crap...
We need to start poaching and producing talented youngsters to push for a starting place and at the very least create transfer revenue...

Only downside is the niggle at the back of my mind whispering.....Steve walsh

Not sure how you can compare Steve Walsh who was a chief scout before us to Dan Ashworth who had done great jobs as a DOF and similar roles at a few clubs.

The guy is a man who at 50, we could have him as our DOF for the next 15 years comfortably and he could really build something

(I'm a Brighton fan) Couldn't see a thread on this. Apologies if I've missed it but thought you might be interested in this bit of news.

Apparently you're looking at trying to get Ashworth in as technical director to restructure the club and get it going in the right direction. For those that don't know, Ashworth was previously the technical director at West Brom and then the FA. This recent article from the Newcastle Chronicle explains far better than I can why Newcastle are also keen to get him in to restructure their club.

View attachment 152787

Obviously, as a Brighton fan I want Ashworth to stay at Brighton. I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to boast that our recent signings since his appointment have been some of the shrewdest of any PL club: Lamptey, Cucurella, Mwepu, Kozlowski, Webster. He's also had a hand in our youth development (now rated by many as one of the best in the country) and our women's team. I'm under no illusions though that there's a limit to what he can achieve with Brighton and he will almost certainly leave in the near to mid-future and as a football fan I'd prefer him to go to a club like Everton rather than Newcastle. I've got no issue with the fans, it's their human rights abusing owners. I think it's no coincidence too that only a few days ago, Brighton announced that they'd promoted David Weir to assistant technical director.

I saw a comment by an Everton fan on Twitter where they said that this would be the best bit of business and the most significant appointment for Everton in the last 6-7 years and as a neutral, I think that's spot on. Best of luck for the rest of the season and thanks for letting me post on this forum.
Yeah it would be the best signing club can make with the managers linked to us do you think he would work better with rooney/lanpard. Rather than the others like kovac ect thanks for posting always good to see a fans view

View attachment 152787

Try and deflect the abuse.

I’m sorry if he ends up cursed like all of us and the club.

Sack The Dan.

Doesn't sound like a man who plans on becoming next permanent manager

I thought that.

Last time I got the sense he was thinking “not yet,” about being permanent manager, and this time it seems more like “no thanks.”

I think the man loves the club so much that he’s scared about blowing it in the top job.

I can understand that. If I was in his position I’d be absolutely terrified I was going to relegate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.